Another build done

Spiel

I've been slowly working on a special build for member Floatman55 and have now finished it.

A little more involved than most of my builds in terms of handle/seat construction and the inclusion of two colours of metallic thread.

The pictures don't show it clearly but it starts with three turns of gold metallic, three turns silver metallic, 6 turns black, one turn silver, six more black then one more gold then finish in black.

B_Shearer_handle_1.jpg

billcts2.jpg

billcts1.jpg

I really like that Chris. Very nice work. Im sure glad I got mine.Floatman55 will be very impressed I,m sure. Only a few months to get at it again. :wallbash:

What guides did you use?

Edited by Misfish

This is build #4, that Chris has done for me, and they just keep getting better!

He went way beyond the norm, and it's much appreciated.

His attention to details, as well as his expertise, dictates that the best he can do is what you get, each and every time.

I should add that the reel seat that was turned for this rod, was provided by John Collina, from Caledonia, ON.

This rod will definitely be treasured by me for many years to come.

Thanks for the kind words folks. :)

What guides did you use?

Alps

XTCYTCG.jpg

yous should do some step by step pics, so we can see what kind of work goes into a nice rod like that

I'd like too, but as I hold and turn all rods by hand I'd need a third hand to take the pictures. ;)

I should add that the reel seat that was turned for this rod, was provided by John Collina, from Caledonia, ON.

My bad, though I did mention that in a previous post when I was constructing the handle. ;)

Loving mine Chris.It can haul in the big ones. :thumbsup_anim:

Glad to hear it Bernie. thumbsup_anim.gif

Nicely done Chris. Who made the reel seat? The manufacturer I mean.

The hardware is Struble Edwin.

Awesome Chris, simply awesome!... :worthy:

As you know I'm not a big fan of coloured threads on rods and this one is pretty much perfect and almost identical to how I would order it.

Wish it was mine..