The Bass Blaster

mercman

You don't need a big motor to be an ass on the water. I have had people in 9.9 do thinks that I have never seen an over powered bassboat do. I own 2 jetskis and 4 boats from a 10ft pontoon to a 28ft twin inboard and in no case has it been the motor size that makes a mistake. They all have different uses it is like a toolbox I don't have to use a bassboat on the shallow river and damage it I can use the jet drive. I use the bassboat to get to an area I want to fish and the layout of it makes it pleasant to fish. Don't blame the high performance for poor judgement and bad decisions.

Art

:thumbsup_anim:

You don't need a big motor to be an ass on the water. I have had people in 9.9 do thinks that I have never seen an over powered bassboat do. I own 2 jetskis and 4 boats from a 10ft pontoon to a 28ft twin inboard and in no case has it been the motor size that makes a mistake. They all have different uses it is like a toolbox I don't have to use a bassboat on the shallow river and damage it I can use the jet drive. I use the bassboat to get to an area I want to fish and the layout of it makes it pleasant to fish. Don't blame the high performance for poor judgement and bad decisions.

Art

Well now that you mention it yes we did catch bass, was a tough day with the wind but hey it was fun. Besides even if it was just burning gas, it was mine to burn, and I was on the water with my Bro!

Good times

Funny-no mention about how the fishing went,just a video of someone burning gas. Any fish caught or was it just a boatride ??

Well now that you mention it yes we did catch bass, was a tough day with the wind but hey it was fun. Besides even if it was just burning gas, it was mine to burn, and I was on the water with my Bro!

Good times

AAAHHHHH:blush: How sweet is that..........We did well all in all....1 keeper per hour, plus the huge pike sighting and the little bass pups we threw back.

Love ya man:thumbsup_anim:

Just wondering why the ear protection? I can see it if your doing that in sub zero temps, but I don't understand, unless you have ear infection problems? :dunno:

HH

60mph winds in the ears can be painful to some people. me included.he even has the masks for bug/bird strikes:w00t:

Ok... got it... btw it had better be a hockey mask to take on a bird strike at 60mph!

HH

lol !!!!

its a special mask.Kinda makes one look like the guy in the Halloween movies:lol: Wouldnt wanna be hit by one of the many loons on the lake though. Those things are ballistically streamline.

Thats why I have insurance and a good up to date GPS. Its also why I only open her up on a lake I really know. I have been fishing this lake for 19 years straight so I kinda have a good handle on it. Only once did I hit something and it was not with a bass boat but a tinner doing 20 kph. Its like anything, watch, listen, and learn. Talk to people who run the body of water and use common sense. "Oh wait common sense is not common any more.:Gonefishing: " I figure more people die on their way to work each day than boat accidents. So if I'm going to go, I want to be screaming down the lake in my boat doing somthing I love to do.

Thanks for your concerns for my safety, and your opinions, they are all well received, But if you ask any fast boat driver, if they are honest they will all say getting there is alot of the fun. We like getting there faster than you slow pokes clogging the channels:sarcasm:

ps: its been a slow day at the office so thanks everyone for keeping me amused...

watch out for that.......

shoal....

Nevermind.....

sarcasm.gif

Forgot to tell you all I'm switching out the prop so I should get another 5 MPH from her. YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa, :thumbsup_anim: Bring it on I say.

You guys might like this. Its the same boat and motor I have and close to how I run it

What are you turning now, and what are you changing up to? I have two 3 blade 23P SS props that you may want to try. However if you are running a 175 Opti, 4 blade may be the ticket.

Thx for the offer already running Tempest 23p I am talking with Kawartha propellers and they may be able to loan me a 22 or 24 4 blade. Will see how that goes.

Cheers

What are you turning now, and what are you changing up to? I have two 3 blade 23P SS props that you may want to try. However if you are running a 175 Opti, 4 blade may be the ticket.

Im guessing thats an old tempest without plugs or your running with all the plugs, you should be outta the hole quick if you drill vents or remove plug(s) with a 23p temest with a 150 or 175.

Edited by hirk

Forgot to tell you all I'm switching out the prop so I should get another 5 MPH from her. YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa, :thumbsup_anim: Bring it on I say.

You guys might like this. Its the same boat and motor I have and close to how I run it

[/quote

Do you like hopping over boat wake ? Careful if so.........

Looks like fun to me but as much fun as I think 60mph is, it is not that fast for a bass boat especially as you get passed by a SeaDoo. When you see a bb go past you doing 70+ or even touching 80, that's fast. I once owned a boat that could break 80mph (<16' Larson w/150 merc; 28 chopper) and re-propped it for skiing instead simply b/c it was insane; too light and it was like flying a plane. Sixty is still pretty manageable in my opinion.

Btw, looking at your hole shot, are you trimmed fully down at the start?

Got to remember its a smaller Ranger which is why they cal them lead sleds. The boats is only really rated to do about 62 to 65 so it's close. Yes trimmed all the way down. Friend of mine has a 521 that does 80 that's fast. Oh an nope don't jump to many boat wakes but I don't shy away from them if they creep up.

Looks like fun to me but as much fun as I think 60mph is, it is not that fast for a bass boat especially as you get passed by a SeaDoo. When you see a bb go past you doing 70+ or even touching 80, that's fast. I once owned a boat that could break 80mph (<16' Larson w/150 merc; 28 chopper) and re-propped it for skiing instead simply b/c it was insane; too light and it was like flying a plane. Sixty is still pretty manageable in my opinion.

Btw, looking at your hole shot, are you trimmed fully down at the start?