The Bass Blaster

mercman

Nice boat, but I'm prejudiced, as I own a Ranger as well. He may be over propped as the hole shot seemed a bit slow. You were doing around sixty or so? I find that is a good trolling speed for not a lot of fish. However the incidental hookups are a blast!

Nice boat, but I'm prejudiced, as I own a Ranger as well. He may be over propped as the hole shot seemed a bit slow. You were doing around sixty or so? I find that is a good trolling speed for not a lot of fish. However the incidental hookups are a blast!

Ya 62, and he is experimenting with something either prop or jack platedunno.gif It sure is a violent ride.I love it though.w00t.gif Its a fun platform to fish off of.

I don't get it that looked like a nice smooth ride what was violent about that ?

The roar, the wind, the skin being pulled up and over your forehead blink.gif Coming back we had whitecaps. Didnt slow us down a bit, but i am 2 inches shorter nowrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

What was wrong with that? Looked like a nice pickeral chop which is perfect for running a bass boat. Fishing and speed go together so nice. And I love the feeling you get from a V6 2 stroke. So much torque, its sic. Not so nice when your the passenger and the pilot is just learning, can be down right frightening. Not insinuating anything Mercman just saying.

I don't get it...Never have, never will...Why is it nessasary to go light speed in a fishin boat?

I agree, 100%!

Because it is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it's not. Bad things happen like cameras falling out of boats. :lol:

Fishing and speed go together so nice.

Not in my world they don't.

"Bass Blaster" brings to mind another fantastic Bass product.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0BQFv83QJ2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mmmm...that's some delicious bass! :rofl2:

I guess I'm prejudiced...Been rudely buzzed by Bass boats more than any other...I ALWAYS slow or give a wide berth to boats fishing...Seems like many bass boat owners don't think to do this...

Well this one does....as a mater of fact, its the seadoos and jet boats that give me a problem.A well tuned BB, on plane, leaves very little wake behind it. But, its like anything, there areasshat.gif everywhere.

I kinda like to think of the safty thing first and was wondering what if , you were to stuff some of these fishermen and their partners into the center of inner tube's before they went out , that way if some thing nasty happened the front page might read .... Local Bass Anglers take flying leap ....all in a rolling Donut this week end .... and lived . smile.gif

Ok to all you who are whining about bass boats going to fast and buzzing people. Let me set the record straight. I always goes as fast as i can because I can, If i wanted to do slower I would by a Princecraft (kiddin Paul) I always steer clear of other boats because I want to, and its the right thing to do, I always wear my PFD because you should, and oh yeah I always catch those fish because I'm good at it. What drives me out of my freakin mind is others who have no idea what they are doing. examples anchoring in the main channel, Failing to yield, fauilure to respect others,jet skis owners who think they own the lake( yes I was told that last time I was out fishing :wallbash: ) and finally those who try to say that going fast has no place in fishing. To you all I say :asshat: How many of you go faster than allowed on the highway or maybe tailgate to close or talk on cell). I and most bass boat owners that I know are very capable drivers and would never want to kill themselves over fishing, let alone mess up those pretty boats. So as I am zooming by to reduce the wake, I will wave politely to ya"ll and be on my merry way.

And yes the hole shot is something I am working on right now. I have been messing with the WOT and water pressure. Now its time to re-prop..

Also before you blow a gasket think before you type, it makes for a nicer day I think.

Ps: Paul Rain suit will be shipped today

The Time......6 AM......the place...............Bass haven......The ride......18 'Ranger Comanche 40th Anniversary edition.....the power........Mercury......#1 on the water. Click pic for video.

th_100_0075.jpg

At one point you can just barely hear me above the wind, screaming like a girly boyrofl2.gif

Edited by UglyBug

Why do you have to travel so fast, the answer is simple, because you can. A car is no different. For the most part, it's not the machine that is the issue, it's the operator. Whether it be a bass boat, jet ski, ATV, large cruising boat, etc. The list goes on and on about machines that for some reason or another people have issues. Unfortunately you don't have to pass an I.Q. test or an etiquette test to buy any of them. From the video I would say the operator of this Ranger is a good one. He made sure he had a clear lane before taking off, he is made sure his passenger was set, he is wearing a PFD and he has on hearing protection.

From my experience, it doesn't matter what kind of boat it is, an "idiot" behind the wheel is still an "idiot".

Ok to all you who are whining about bass boats going to fast and buzzing people. Let me set the record straight. I always goes as fast as i can because I can, If i wanted to do slower I would by a Princecraft (kiddin Paul) I always steer clear of other boats because I want to, and its the right thing to do, I always wear my PFD because you should, and oh yeah I always catch those fish because I'm good at it. What drives me out of my freakin mind is others who have no idea what they are doing. examples anchoring in the main channel, Failing to yield, fauilure to respect others,jet skis owners who think they own the lake( yes I was told that last time I was out fishing :wallbash: ) and finally those who try to say that going fast has no place in fishing. To you all I say :asshat: How many of you go faster than allowed on the highway or maybe tailgate to close or talk on cell). I and most bass boat owners that I know are very capable drivers and would never want to kill themselves over fishing, let alone mess up those pretty boats. So as I am zooming by to reduce the wake, I will wave politely to ya"ll and be on my merry way.

And yes the hole shot is something I am working on right now. I have been messing with the WOT and water pressure. Now its time to re-prop..

Also before you blow a gasket think before you type, it makes for a nicer day I think.

Ps: Paul Rain suit will be shipped today

Now thats what i call setting it straight !!! :worthy: Right on all counts Bro.Like the 2 chunky monkeys on the seadoos that buzzed us cause we are purdy:rolleyes:

If this gets outta hand i will delete it, no worries.