NF! when it is too late to call in

GBW

Don't waste your time even if they break in, steal your stuff, and set it on fire the little punks will walk free....trust me I know.

4264_185933570693_3534505_n.jpg

Big problems with the Cops and Court systems....I i lay a finger on the lil crap I'll be in jail while they walk free :wallbash:

Hey... that looks like my truck!

HH

Big problems with the Cops and Court systems....I i lay a finger on the lil crap I'll be in jail while they walk free :wallbash:

gotta love canada.

the country of the strong and free, especially if you're a criminal. :wallbash:

Yup, IBM parking lot is loaded with them BUT last time a window was smashed they wouldn't share the info as we don't work for IBM. It was a too bad so sad for you type of reply... <_<

You mean the IBM lot at Vic Park and Steels? Yikes I'm 3 blocks south on Sparks, but I think I'm Ok, right next to the Police Credit Union!

You mean the IBM lot at Vic Park and Steels? Yikes I'm 3 blocks south on Sparks, but I think I'm Ok, right next to the Police Credit Union!

not that one, the software place by 407 and Warden.

Hey HH, as tempting as your offer sounds I'll stick with what I have...

Don't get me started....its rediculously frustrating as hell...I get them to court, court hugs them tussles their hair an pats them on the bum. The problem is the court system, not the law enforcement

Don't waste your time even if they break in, steal your stuff, and set it on fire the little punks will walk free....trust me I know.

4264_185933570693_3534505_n.jpg

Getting the goofs on cam wont do anything. When I lived in a condo in Mississauga I had my truck stolen twice (in 6 months)from my underground parking spot which was right by the enterance to the elevators. They caught the guys in clear view of several cameras. The cops told me that its unlikely that they will catch the guys, in the grand scheme of things car theft is low on their priority list. My insurance company even told me that they can potentially consider that I live in a high crime area (Clarkson/Oakville boarder).

From what you are saying, it seems that the guys knew to go under the hood to disable the car alarm first (not their time breaking into cars)... I hate to say it but there is little that you could have done to prevent it. What you could do though is to really get to know your neighbours... If the guys know that there are potential eyes they would avoid your street. Many years ago the same thing happened on my parent's street. Some kids (5-8 guys in their late teens/early 20's)decided to break into cars on people driveways (I think they broke into 20-25 cars) well one of them ended breaking a car window to get some change that was left in a car, well they ended up waking up the homeowner, who ended making a ton of noise chasing the dudes. Long story short, someone ended up IDing one of the guys, and they got nabbed, not sure about his partners. Since then no cars have been broken into.

Don't keep anything in your vehicle worth stealing and you'll be fine..

Ha! not a Good idea, I had nothing of value and assume thats why it was burt...now I leave the doors open and 5bucks in the cup holder, they can take the money and go on there way.

ive been the victim of auto theft over a dozen times - both whole vehicle or break in. police in our area do not respond to car theft of any kind. you need to make a police report for your insurance company you go to the police station and get in line for one.

had an officer tell me once that auto theft in hamilton (6000 vehicles a year BTW) was a 'victimless crime' as the insurance company covers your losses anyway...took my breath away!!

so the idea that local enforcement is gonna send out the CSI team to satisfy you over some dusty handprints is laughable.

ive been the victim of auto theft over a dozen times

WOW !!!! ...I'd definetly be looking for a different place to live.

In all my years of owning a car, I can honestly say I have NEVER had a break-in.

Just real lucky I spose

Hamilton is the car theft capital of Ontario.

I have a buddy that lives in Brampton and his vehicle was constantly getting broken into. Now he just leaves the doors unlocked and nothing of value in it. About 2 or 3 times a month he notices that his glove box has been rummaged through or the interior light is on. He just shrugs his shoulders and goes to work. I could never live like that. It is a sad state of affairs.

Rampant here lew - sometimes the whole car, a window here, a rummaging there, stereo a couple times, sometimes just a look thru..

The worst ones are when they do a significant amount of damge but DON'T TAKE THE DAMN THING!!!

I can honestly say I don't know anyone that hasn't had their car stolen or broken into in this area.

Its usually the nicer neighborhoods and shopping areas that are targeted..remember there is "hamilton" and then the surrounding towns that amalgamated..this is where most of the cars get yanked.

Edited by smally21