Opening weekend

Cudz

Well I haven't been fishing since august last year and I know I gave it up for 4 years but I realized that fishing is actually part of who I am and not just something I do. I have been fishing since I was 4 years old and was fishing long before my wife came along and before I had a family of my own. Having spent 10 months away from fishing I realized a few things. First of all fishing wasn't really the root of my anger. I just get angry too easy. I am currently working on bettering that and have been doing very well for about 3 months now. Also, over the past few months, I have really made a considerable effort to absolutely put my family and wife first no matter what. My wife realized this and told me I should go fishing this weekend. She even got me a BPS gift card for father's day. Ok, enough of my life and the boring stuff. Long story short, I gor out this weekend both days. Saturday on Simcoe and Sunday on L. Muskoka. I might fish a few more times this year but it is really going to take a back seat for some time. Reports will be fairly limited so I hope you enjoy this one. By the way my thumb is pretty raw which means it was a good couple of days.

Saturday's weather was perfect and we started fishing at 5:30 am. Our mini tourney consisted of 4 people in 2 boats, therefore we were in teams of 2. The goal was to catch as many species of fish and to catch the biggest of each species. We also put in some $ for biggest fish.

In the end, my team absolutely crushed the other team by catching 7 different species. The other team caught 5 species and of the 7 species, my team caught the heaviest of 6 out of the 7 species. We crushed the other team. Our 7 species were LMB, SMB, Pike, Lake trout, Perch, sunfish, and rock bass (one of the smallies puked up a fully intact goby but we stated before the tourney that gobies did not count). Nothing really huge but a couple nice smallies at 3.5 pounds each, and a couple of decent eating pike, and a nice eating sized laker ( she was a stocked fish). So for the 100 or so fish that we caught, we kept 2 pike, 1 lake trout and 10 decent perch.

Great day on the lake and I took my buddy out who is a real new fisherman. He caught his PB Pike, Lake trout, and SMB. Nice 3 new PBs in one day. He was stoked. Here are a few pics of Saturday.

a couple of nice smallies

opener6.jpg

Caught lots of Largies but most were cookie cutter 1 pounders. Weird.

opener4.jpg

My buddy with his biggest smallie ever.

opener1.jpg

My friend with another big smallie

opener5.jpg

Pike for dinner.

opener3.jpg

Lake trout for dinner too

opener2.jpg

On Sunday we started a bit later and decided to hit up L. Muskoka. Rain, rain and more rain. Freakin weather forecast said 1-3 mm in the aft. What?? 1-3 mm every minute for the whole day, that would have been a more accurate forecast. ANyway, we still had fun and we managed a couple very nice bass. One largie just a hair under 5 pounds, another largie at 4 pounds and some nice smallies with the biggest weighing in at a respectable 3.2 pounds. The bass in Muskoka were very acrobatic today and we lost as many as we caught. They were really hot for topwater today in the rain. Very ineresting. Here are a few pics of some hawgs.

My buddy with a very nice Largie

opener9.jpg

Nice smallie in the rain

opener7.jpg

Good Largmouth.

opener8.jpg

I see a different kind of smile on your face in these pictures then there is when your selling your stuff . Include me in this family some time when your away from the other getting fueled up for life . An awsome report in more ways then one , thank you for sharing .

Hey guys and Joey. Thanks for all the positive comments. Also thanks to those who did not comment and question my integrety as a person who made a promise to stop something and didn't follow through. I must admit that it bothers me a bit too (hence the big justification statement at the start of my thread) but I think I am at a place now to where I was in August last year.

I had a pretty sweet moustache in November but didn't get to show it off because I didn't go chase any bronzebacks in the fall. I do however have some nice pics. lol

Nice Cudz..........Congrats on the opener and for opening your eyes on your self.To paraphrase."This is gonna be a changeing day in your life"

The wife sounds like a really nice ladyclapping.gif

Paul

Yeah, my wife is awesome. Just need to tell her more often.

She is pretty too. And smart. haha

Great report - love the format of multiple species mini-tourney!

It is the format we always use. It is pretty fun when everybody in the boat has 2 species each that are the same then all of a sudden someone hooks a rock bass out of nowhere. lol.

that is a 20 point fish.

Here is the scoring. 10 points for each species and a bonus 10 points if that is the biggest fish of that species. Ties are broken by the overall biggest fish.