Lade Evelyn Lake - Red Pine Wilderness Lodge Report

Lunkerhunter

For the 4th year i have been lucky enough to stay a week up at Red Pine Wilderness Lodge on Lady Evelyn Lake. Each year i have gone with my wife and it really is a lodge where you can expect full service across the board with some amazing fishing. When i say full service, im talking regular dock service (cleaning and wiping down boats, filling up with gas, new minnows, new worms/leeches etc without having to ask)they fillet and package all your fish you bring back, amazing meals and pretty much anything else you need is taken care of immediately by the staff.

The fishing each year seems to get better and better, this year i brought up my own boat so it was nice to have my own boat on a lake with no road access. Red pine organized very well everything for me to get the boat across the dam and into the lady evelyn river.

We fished mainly for walleye and hit a bunch of pike throughout the trip. My wife got the biggest pike of course at 38 inches. jigging with a worm one evening.

Because i had a boat that went much faster than the rental boats it allowed me to explore some areas i hadnt fished before and even cruise around to just check some new areas out.

the biggest walleye of the week was a 27 incher, the walleye seemed to be nice and fat this year. we probably averaged about 40-50 walleye a day with the best day being a high 70's fish day.

182846_10150889919796864_63308197_n.jpg

576926_10150889919541864_2014070241_n.jpg

537738_10150889918511864_922735178_n.jpg

Lunker, I also just returned (Saturday) from a shorter 4 day visit to Lady Lake Evelyn. This was an exploratory trip to see how we liked the lake and so on. We stayed at Ellen Island, and like you I have nothing but the highest regard for their service. I never touched a bag from Mowats landing until it was in my cottage and the accomodations, rental boats, and customer service were first rate. Our fishing was decent, not great, but decent, but I did find we were somewhat limited in our ability to explore given the rental boat. For anyone thinking of making the trip, the road off Rt 11 is 20km to Mowats Landing, good gravel road and no problems pulling a boat, where you'll either meet your host or launch your boat into the Montreal River, go about a mile to the base of the dam where you can hire a guy for $25.00 to pick up your boat and drop you into Lady Evelyn river. From there it's 8 miles to the open water of the lake. very nice pics Lunker and great report. Did you fish the west end thru the narrows or near Red Pine? Most of our fish were caught east of Ellen Island where the river begins to the dam.

Great report. I'm heading up for my second trip there in September. Last time the deadheads outside of Ellen Island were 3' above the water level, so fishing was tough. If you stay at Ellen, they have a boat up on Sugar, an amazing C&R lake. I'm hoping to hear from someone here a little closer to the date to find out what was working by way of colours, baits, etc. But if you were willing to share, I'd take notes... LOL Thanks again!