Boaters card

I am just curious has anyone EVER been asked to show there card ? I get stopped on longpoint bay the OPP and CO's atleast 2-3 times a year (I think they like me LOL) but have never been asked for it I even asked them if they would like to see it and they said no .So who has had to show their Boater card.

The other thread got me thinking about this and I didn't want to hijack it

Mixed bag here, some cops want to see it and some don't.

I was boarded by a joint task force in the Niagara River, just south of Lewiston. A fast RIB with 1 Coastie, 1 Niagara Region cop, and 1 Canada Customs agent. They wanted the PCOC.

Metro Toronto Harbour police always ask for the PCOC but, ironically, never ask for the (required) Harbour licence.

Was boarded by 2 RCMP in Lake Ontario, about 5 NM south of Toronto. They wanted ID, any kind would do, and vessel registration papers. I offered the PCOC instead of real ID.

Whenever my kids are stopped (from their teen years to now as young adults), they're always asked to produce PCOCs.

I was in my canoe loaded with camping gear, and a big dog. Got stopped. He asked for my card. I told him it was in my wallet, in the bottom of my bag, at the bottom of my canoe. I would have had to gone to shore, unpack everything.

He trusted me, and didn't make me dig it out.

He went down the river further, and busted my budy for not having the correct safety gear.

I was in my canoe loaded with camping gear, and a big dog. Got stopped. He asked for my card. I told him it was in my wallet, in the bottom of my bag, at the bottom of my canoe. I would have had to gone to shore, unpack everything.

He trusted me, and didn't make me dig it out.

He went down the river further, and busted my budy for not having the correct safety gear.

Did you have a motor on the canoe?

Usually get stopped on West Arm at least once a year. License, Boaters Card, Lifejackets, safety stuff.....yadda yadda...Usually nice guys and gals but they can't handle a boat to save their lives......... :whistling:

Usually get stopped on West Arm at least once a year. License, Boaters Card, Lifejackets, safety stuff.....yadda yadda...Usually nice guys and gals but they can't handle a boat to save their lives......... :whistling:

Ya, the last time they stopped by me up here they tried to get close. Thought they were going to damage my boat. I said never mind, I'll come to you.

Never did ask for my boaters card....Imagine that, wonder how they got theirs? HA!

they can't handle a boat to save their lives......... :whistling:

No kidding. I had them nearly sink me on lake simcoe a couple years ago. They pretty near ran right over my boat. Water came in over the gunnels. I LOST IT! They didn't even check my safety gear, or ask for my PCOC. They just apologized and carried on. I was PISSED, and asked them for theirs. They didn't like that too much!!!

I've never been asked for mine. Kinda like my gun license, and boat registration. Been checked many, many times, but never asked for it. One time had 6 cruisers pull into a field we were hunting, with a swat team on the main road. They still didn't ask for our gun licenses!! The landowner snapped on them for driving all over his field and they left with their tails between their legs!!

S.

Edited by Sinker

Yup, I was asked for it on Quinte last summer.

Agreed about them not being able to drive a boat.... I had to KICK their boat away from mine before it hit me..... Def thought about asking if he had a card... but wanted to get back to hammering some GOLD instead of them breaking out the "rubber glove"! LOL

on sturgeon 2 times i have been stopped by the opp in 9 years living here, one time was to say hello never checked for anything other than a floating flashlight polite and seemed to be able to drive the boat, other time was 2011 chashed me from emily creek to snug harbour area and they were pissed that i didn't see them or couldn't catch me they checked everything 3 times looking for something wrong was accused of doing a u-turn to avoid them for whatever reason after 20 minutes that other site there search they left and were even more anniyed when i suggested they get a faster boat.

also one episode on scugog years back I'll let fishindevil tell you about that

Never had my boaters card checked...

Never had my livewell checked...

Never had any storage compartments checked...

Never asked for any ID to prove I am the same person on my fishing license...

Never had my bait checked...

Only ever been checked for fishing licenses...life vests... And safety requirements....

I have never been asked for my boater's card. The place I've been stopped the most often is the West Arm of Nipissing. Never asked for the card there either. Always polite and smiling though. It's good that they're getting the job done. I kinda wonder about the cards though.

and were even more anniyed when i suggested they get a faster boat.

I always wondered why they run 16ft boats with 60HP on it.....

For example, if someone were breaking a rule and they noticed the MNR coming their way...what would stop someone with a 150/175/200/225/250, to simply outrun them?

You don't see cops driving honda civics.... they have impala's with supercharged Vette engines....

I always wondered why they run 16ft boats with 60HP on it.....

For example, if someone were breaking a rule and they noticed the MNR coming their way...what would stop someone with a 150/175/200/225/250, to simply outrun them?

You don't see cops driving honda civics.... they have impala's with supercharged Vette engines....

Lol

Really...16 footers...lmao

Our cops are jacked to the max here...

20+ foot zodiac boats with large twin outboards for RCMP...They have 3 I think...

Opp on 1000 cc sea doos.... As well as a large boat... Forget how big...but it's a good size boat...

And MNR is rocking a Boston whaler with a 225 If I remember correctly...

Edited by Musky Mike

never been asked for the card. the boats in hamilton, temagami and lake erie i get checked by aren't tin cans they are serious twon outboard machines.

alcohol seems to be their major concern. searching, searching, open this, show me in here.

whether they find anything or not they ALWAYS provide some sort of lecture..the last one was "the hardest part of my job is pulling bodies out of the water" so i interrupted him and asked how many bodies he'd pulled out of the water.

the guy didnt say anything and his partner chimed up that neither of them had ever pulled a body from the water or even seen one.

which was ironic considering the guys in the boat he was lecturing had seen plenty.

I was checked out just last week. I asked the officers what percentage of boaters stopped, were not in compliance. They did not have a number but said it was quite low. They did say that alcohol offences were through the roof.