Argh!!! Canadian businesses are terrible!!!!!

I just can't get over the absolutely terrible practices/customer service of Canadian businesses....

I tried ordering a hard to find part for my Shorelander trailer...

I ordered with the actual Shorelander part number from the only Shorelander parts dealer in Ontario that I'm aware of...

2-3 weeks later I get my package... Wrong part... But it's not worth shipping back...because between shipping to me and me shipping it back I'd be out as much as the refund is worth...

So I take that shot to the family Jewels with a smile...

Then I go back in for the second boot between the legs...

The company merged with another... So now I'm dealing with another guy...

So I have a long chat via email with this fellow followed by a long chat on the phone so we are clear on what I want...

He later gets back to me via email saying he can get the part... Gave me a price... And said to call to place my order...

And I did... Placed my order with him over the phone with my credit card...

Now... 3 weeks later and no part... I sent him an email asking where my part was...

And get this...........

He says he never received approval from me to order nor did he get my CC number to pay for the part.....

Now there's steam shooting out my ears...

So I checked my CC statement... Sure enough there's a charge for the part I ordered... Wich tells me when I asked this moron about my order he didn't even take a look for it...

I'm done with Canadian retailers...

Sorry for the good ones out there... Jeez I hope there's a few... But every order I've placed in canada has had issues and costs more...

Doesn't anybody care about their work anymore...?

How do these people get jobs...?

Sorry but I had to let that one out...

Go fishing Mike, even from shorewhistling.gif It will change your mind, and relax your soul.rolleyes.gif

Am old time member of a 12th step program that saved my life once told me

Paul,

If you can't fight, and you can't flee.............................Flow.

Think about it.

Paul

Nope...

It's a Shorelander specific part and the part wasn't used on many models of trailers... And from what I can tell they were only used for a couple years on those few trailers...

Thanks tho...

Edited by Musky Mike

Part # from Shorelander manual... 3510515

Description... Black plastic keel pad...

It supports the front of your boat under the keel instead of a roller set up...

It is a plastic peice that bolts to a metal piece that pivots on the front cross member of the trailer...

The old part wore out and cracked... And for now I have a jimmy rig with some modified boom shims for street lights...

I take it that part is rubber? I'd countersink an appropriately sized piece of wood in its place.

X2

I also have some 1/2 inche thick black plastic left over from member SRT8.

give me the dimensions mike, and i will whip one up for you.

OMG....

After sending a pretty aggressive email explaining how upset I am and saying I was charged for the part that he says I never ordered...

He emails me back telling me he verified my order and the part with be leaving Shorelander( somewhere in the USA) may 30th!!!!!

So not only did I pay once for the wrong part(thier fault) but now I am expected to be ok with a simple order taking 5-6 weeks...

I ordered it may 4th... Now I probably won't get it toll mid June...

And all the time I wasn't offered some sort of refund or discount on the order... At the very least they could give it to me at cost or ship it for free or something...

I told him I want a full refund and that I'll be taking my business elsewhere...

BTW

I would avoid UNITRAIL in the future if I were you guys... I know they're never getting my business again...

I take it that part is rubber? I'd countersink an appropriately sized piece of wood in its place.

It's hard plastic... So the keel can slide easily...

And fairly thin... Not much room for countersinking in wood...

It's also curved... Concave on top and convex on the bottom...

It's hard plastic... So the keel can slide easily...

And fairly thin... Not much room for countersinking in wood...

It's also curved... Concave on top and convex on the bottom...

How thick is it?

I would just replace it with a piece of UHMW polyethelyne and be done with it.

It will probably last forever then.

I had similar bad experience with Canon Camera Canada. The Mississauaga office do not honor recalls for my camera model which was unprofessional of Canon Canadian office.

I went to the US Canon manufacturer's site and other on line forum that gives advice on how to get things done. The US Canon site paid for both shipping and returning it back to me free of charge. They provided UPS services free pick up as well and boxes provided, total Cost of repair and service ,more than the camera value itself.

Sometimes complaining to the right higher authority is the key. I have to trace a VP of TD auto insurance to get my car fix rather than writing it off. The insurance adjuster wanted to offer me $1200 for my damaged vehicle, when the book value was only $800. I insisted that they fix it since I was not able to find a comparable good conditioned used vehicle for around $3000. They gave an auto body shop $2000 to eventually fix my vehicle. My insurance cost stayed the same. Buying another vehicle will cost my insurance to rise.

I got $50 food voucher from Denny's USA for complaining to the head office about the rudeness of one particular branch service.

The manager of Boston market US branch gave us one free meal (we ordered 3 out of 4 that day)since the item on their menu ran out of stock. We were embarassed to accept it, but the manager insisted to our surprise, we were not even complaining, he just dropped the quarter chicken meal to our table. I then wrote to the head office about the positive thing this manager did for us.

I had a 20% off coupon valid for 1 Item at Dunham sport US store, spoke to the manager if I could buy 3 item and still get the discount, he said no problem!

Evinrude USA in chicago technical support, always gives me free mechanical advice cheefully.

US business are way more competitive than Canadian businesses ,even more so after the recession. They need to compete to survive their lousy economy. Many have change and believe that customer service is the only key to keep repeat customer happy , since buying direct from China might offer better pricing but not the service and expertise the store can offer.

I buy auto parts, home necessities, fishing and other sporting goods at Buffalo, NY. Plan my trip 4 times a year to ensure I buy enough to save the $55 gas that I put in. I was able to return damaged goods back to some US buffalo store after holding it for few months. They knew that canadians do not always have time to go back and exchange goods. Buffalo store retailers need Canadian shoppers ,were always expecting and ready on every Canadian holidays.

All fastfood store in the USA were in the survival mode, stores such as Mcdo, Arby's , wendy's, Burger king , all offer $1 menu. I am not talking about mini/junior burgers or mini fries. Mcchicken or Fillet of Fish or nuggets are US$1. Large Little Ceasar Peperoni Pizza in USA is US$5.(medium pepperoni pizza in Canada is CA$5). Subway 6" was US$2 last december. Dollar Tree(coming to Canada soon so wake up! Dollarama) is all $1. Rotiseeri cooked hot whole chicken was $2 at walmart when I was there during march break week.

I was at Ollie's bargain outlet (Big lot also have good value product) buffalo last thursday(avoiding the weekend craze), Ollies bought out some sport check USA old fishing inventory stuff. Not all were good deals, but I got some P-line fluorocarbon 250 yards 10 and 15lb test for $8-10. Fly line or P-fluroclear was around $6. P-line XX tough line was around $6. Got me a Large 30" Salmon anti-snag coated net for $6. Then we went to Dick's sporting goods at Galleria mall and got a Shimano baitcasting IM7 stiff 2 pc rod rated 8-20lb for only $22. Their 1 piece rod were also $22. I got a leg rubber waders at Dicks on sale 2 years ago for $20, regular today was just $30. Gander mountain 9-12' steelhead/Salmon rod was $50 regular price. I got one similar Gander M steelhead rated 6-12lb 10' rod for $30 on sale last year.

Last week I found some special auto parts from Autozone USA, I was able to find CV split boot kit including the 5 mini screws for $6.50 each , this part were not available in most Toronto auto stores after my thorough search. By installing the CV boot by myself, without having to take apart the shaft(just cut the old CV boot out and install the new one), I was able to save at least $300 of repair cost. A year back during winter months, I bought a pair Uniroyal (a subsidiary of Michelin tire)205-70-15 tires rated at 75,000 miles from Walmart Buffalo for $60 each(regular was $75 each), balance, taxes inclusive and installed. I requested to the manager to drop the price since other tire store in the area offered better pricing. Walmart USA charge $5 for tire balancing. Buying tires in Buffalo is worth the savings alone. Sam's USA charge 4L of Valvoline motor oil for $7.50, Walmart CA on sale for $12.50.

US on line store offers free shipping cost within US state, or free shipment to a local US store. I own a Mail box address across the border for $8 a month for the purpose of ordering items. It is worth the investment and savings. The US Mail box company claim to receive up to 700 package per day of goods from Canadian shoppers alone. After 20 years of comparative shopping, buying from US has always been worth the trip, especially if we plan ahead and do comparative shopping. My family stop staying over night just for the sake of keeping our shopping import allowance within 24 hour time limit. We bought on average of $250/per trip among 3 to 4 family members travelling together during our 8 hour trip to Buffalo, we never have to pay import or HST taxes in 25 years we have been travelling to the US. No need to lie to the custom officer has always been our shopping policy, after we have created some kind of shopping spending pattern recorded at the Canadian custom computer system, I believe custom officers were very lenient to most honest people who declares. They are more strict on bringing in alchohol and tobacco.

Edited by bassfighter

I had similar bad experience with Canon Camera Canada. The Mississauaga office do not honor orecalls for my camera model which was stupid of Canadian office.

I went to the US Canon manufacturer's site and other on line forum that gives advice on how to get things done. The US Canon site paid for both shipping and returning it back to me free of charge. They provided UPS services free pick up as well and boxes provided, total Cost of repair and service ,more than the camera value itself.

Sometimes complaining to the right higher authority is the key. I have to trace a VP of TD auto insurance to get my car fix rather than writing it off. The insurance adjuster wanted to offer me $1200 for my damaged vehicle, when the book value was only $800. I insisted that they fix it since I was not able to find a comparable good conditioned used vehicle for around $3000. They gave an auto body shop $2000 to eventually fix my vehicle. My insurance cost stayed the same. Buying another vehicle will cost my insurance to rise.

I got $50 food voucher from Denny's USA for complaining to the head office about the rudeness of one particular branch service.

The manager of Boston market US branch gave us one free meal (we ordered 3 out of 4 that day)since the item on their menu ran out of stock. We were embarassed to accept it, but the manager insisted to our surprise, we were not even complaining, he just dropped the quarter chicken meal to our table. I then wrote to the head office about the positive thing this manager did for us.

I had a 20% off coupon for 1 Item at Dunham sport store, spoke to the manager if I could buy 3 item and the discount, he said no problem!

Evinrude USA in chicago technical support , always gives me free advice.

US business are way more competitive than Canadian businesses ,even more so after the recession. They need to compete to survive. Many have change and believe that customer service is the only thing they can still do to keep repeat customer happy , since buying direct from China might offer better pricing but not the service and expertise.

I buy auto parts, home necessities, fishing and other sporting good at Buffalo, NY. Plan my trip 4 times a year to ensure I buy enough to save the $55 gas that I put in. I was able to return damaged goods back to some US buffalo store after holding it for few months. They knew that canadians do not always have time to go back and exchange goods. Buffalo store retailers were always expecting and ready for Canadian shoppers on every Canadian holidays.

All fastfood store in the USA such as Mcdo, Arby's , wendy's, Burger king , all offer $1 menu. I am not talking about miniburger or mini fries. McDo chicken or Fillet of Fish or nugget not mini burger is US$1. Large Little Ceasar Peperoni Pizza in USA is US$5.(small medium pizza in Canada is CA$5 here). Subway 6" was $2 last december. Dollar Tree(coming to Canada soon) is all $1. Rotiseeri cooked hot chicken was $2 at walmart when I was there during march break week.

I was at Ollie's bargain outlet (BIg lot also have good deals) buffalo last thursday(avoiding the weekend craze), they bought out some sport check USA old fishing inventory stuff. Not all were good deal, but I got some P-line fluorocarbon 250 yards was $8-10. Fly line was around $6. P-line XX tough was around $6. Went to Dick's sporting goods Galleria and got a Shimano baitcasting IM7 stiff 2 pc rod 8-20lb rating for $22. I got a hip waders at Dicks on sale for $20, regular was $30. Gander mountain 9-12' steelhead/Salmon rod was $50 regular price. I got one similar Gander M rod for $30 on sale 2 years ago.

Last week I found some special auto parts from Autozone USA, I was able to find CV split boot with 5 screws for my car for $7 each , not available in Toronto auto stores. By doing the CV boot by myself (without having to take apart the shaft), I was able to save at least $300 of repair cost.I bought a pair Uniroyal 205-70-15 tires (subsidiary of Michelin tire)from walmart Buffalo for $60 each balance and installed, after haggling with the manager (regular was $75 each)about other tire store in the area offering better pricing. Walmart USA charge $5 for tire balancing. Buying tires in Buffalo is worth the savings alone.

US on line store offers free shipping cost within US state, or free shipment to a local US store. I own a Mail box address across the border for $8 a month for the purpose of ordering items. After 20 years of comparative shopping, buying from US has always been worth the trip, especially if we plan ahead and do comparative shopping. My family stop staying over night 8 years now just for the sake of keeping our shopping import allowance within limits. We bought on average of $250/per trip among my 3 to 4 family member travelling together during our 8 hour trip to Buffalo, we never have to pay import taxes in 25 years we have been travelling to the US. No need to lie to the custom officer has always been our shopping policy, after we have created some kind of shopping history and pattern recorded at the Canadian custom , custom officer were very lenient to most honest people.

I guess you forgot to mention the cannon camera was a US model on sold and serviced (and recalled) in the US and that you bought it there before you slagged Cannon Canada? With the heemie himee attitude you have projected your cross border shopping is likely a blessing to Canadian retailers. To call a spade a spade you are a piece of work.

I guess you forgot to mention the cannon camera was a US model on sold and serviced (and recalled) in the US and that you bought it there before you slagged Cannon Canada? With the heemie himee attitude you have projected your cross border shopping is likely a blessing to Canadian retailers. To call a spade a spade you are a piece of work.

Actually, he's a blessing to our Buffalo retailers........and a wise consumer.

I've never had a problem with this kind of thing. We might have a little problem with this thread if it keeps going in the same direction though. Research what you want to buy and who you want to buy it from. If you have a problem with your purchase, don't stop at the salesperson with whom you dealt. C'mon, you can do it, you're smarter than that!