Sweet new musky pole

lew

I wanted another musky rod for bucktails, bootails and big spinnerbaits and I've been hearing & reading alot of good stuff about St. Croix's Legend Tournament musky series.

I wanted the one piece 8' MHF so I called Gagnons in Oshawa and sure enough they had them in stock so the Mrs. and I took a drive down this morning for a 1st hand look and I hafta tell ya, it is one very sweet fishin pole and I think it's well worth the $255

It's gonna be paired up with a Calcutta 400TE and is without a doubt, the nicest feeling musky outfit I've ever had and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do very well with it.

Here's a couple pics

001-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

Looking forward to getting it slimed in a couple weeks.

Doesn't matter Brian. I want full cork, if it's too expensive for the manufacturers, I'll get them made. It certainly doesn't take anything away from Lew's combo. It's a great one!

I bet within a year,your Compre will be up for sale.......... :angel:

I dunno Larry, I've still got 4 Compres and their incredible rods, but time will tell :lol:

As for the split grips, that seems to be the way alot of manufacturers are going right now. Supposed to make the rods lighter, but I don't think there's enough difference to be able to tell. All I know is, when I hold this new St. Croix it just feels absolutely perfect in my hands.

I'm not one for gimmicks, but I know what I like.

I dunno Larry, I've still got 4 Compres and their incredible rods, but time will tell laugh.gif

As for the split grips, that seems to be the way alot of manufacturers are going right now. Supposed to make the rods lighter, but I don't think there's enough difference to be able to tell. All I know is, when I hold this new St. Croix it just feels absolutely perfect in my hands.

I'm not one for gimmicks, but I know what I like.

Not much lighter, at least not noticable, its just cheaper to build with less cork which is at least 5.00 per inch on a rod, and more expensive on a musky stick with a larger diameter ring. Lots of companies are going back to Eva foam as well to totally eliminate the high cost of quality cork, which you would think that large companies like Shimano, StCroix and so on would have large volume buying discounts.

I love my Compres too, but they dont come even close to the St. Croix Legend Tournaments, and the new compres are very tip heavy in the 8ft 6in and 9in models, and fatigue will be a factor throwing big baits with them im sure, a very sweet combo Lew, just 18 short days to load er up with the slime factor.