GO PRO camera

misfish

I,m going to make the dive and get one soon. I realy want to take some great under water river shots and fish on fights.

Question is,will they drop in price in the very near future,like all things do. Also,what program should I buy,so I can edit the videos I will be taking? I don,t want anything complicated. Simple is ,what simple is.That,s me.LOL

Brian I just got the go Pro Hero 2 and the features are worth the extra from the original. It comes with a program you can use for free and download from their site. You might want to go to the website and look at the requirements of what your computer requirements are it is a pretty memory and resources hungry program. I am learning now how to do time laps but so far it is beating me.... I also found if you get the motorsports system instead of the outdoors system (both retail at the same price) it is cheaper to then just order the headband then you get 2 kits for less money.

Art

Yeah - I have the original. Its nice and light and comes with quite a few accessories. As for post-editing I use iMovie, makes life a lot easier. That Credit River fly fishing video I posted last week was using GoPro and iMovie. Like Art says use the software that comes with it. If not, perhaps I can hook you with some premium editing software.

Miro

I,m going to make the dive and get one soon. I realy want to take some great under water river shots and fish on fights.

Question is,will they drop in price in the very near future,like all things do. Also,what program should I buy,so I can edit the videos I will be taking? I don,t want anything complicated. Simple is ,what simple is.That,s me.LOL

They don't take great UW video out of the box due to the underwater housings curved lens.

There is a loss of focus with the UW housing which can be resolved by a fairly simple fix.

Read about it HERE

For simple and free movie editing there is Windows Movie Maker Download Here

There are lots better but for free you can't complain. Download it and play around with it. You can drag in a bunch of pictures and create a slide show with cool transitions and effects if you don't have any video to play with.

I edited both of these videos using Windows Movie Maker so you can get a sense of what you can do with it.

Video 1

Video 2

What do you want to do to the video's after? I am a big fan of adobe after effects. You can make up a nice video of two brookie's having a force lightning battle. :)

HEHEHE!!!

I have the Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection complete with After Effects, Premier Pro, Audition, Speedgrade, Prelude, Encoe, Bridge, Photoshop.......

All I have to do is figure out how to get the most out of it.

I see there is CS6 available now, time to upgrade!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

If you're going to do it... dont waste your time with anything BUT the Hero 2. Well worth the extra little bit. They can be kinda hard to find though. I've been looking for a 2nd one for a while now.

As far as going down in price... probably not gonna happen for the Hero 2, since its brand new.

They don't take great UW video out of the box due to the underwater housings curved lens.

There is a loss of focus with the UW housing which can be resolved by a fairly simple fix.

Read about it HERE

For simple and free movie editing there is Windows Movie Maker Download Here

There are lots better but for free you can't complain. Download it and play around with it. You can drag in a bunch of pictures and create a slide show with cool transitions and effects if you don't have any video to play with.

I edited both of these videos using Windows Movie Maker so you can get a sense of what you can do with it.

Video 1

Video 2

Downloaded and going to play with some of the vids I have.

BTW,that first vid was just what I want to do. Never knew, Mike caught small fish. :whistling::tease:

I don't have a GoPro of my own but if you're planning on doing underwater video-making with one, you definitely will want to either make your own flat lens modification or purchase the flat lens housing mod like this:

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/underwater/index.html

Frozen-Fire has the Hero2 (and the eye of mine flat lens housing) and the results look pretty good

I'm not a huge fan of the wideangle footage when you're shooting above water though.

here is a quick video of cooks bay

I don't know why everything is so green might be the alga

Terry, the green water thing is very normal - I experience it a lot when shooting underwater pics with my camera even in gin clear water. I think I read somewhere that the deeper you shoot, the more green/blue it gets because of the way that light gets filtered through water (red & yellow get filtered out first leaving you with green/blue). Algea and stirred up silt can also be a problem causing that greenish look too.

I don't have a GoPro of my own but if you're planning on doing underwater video-making with one, you definitely will want to either make your own flat lens modification or purchase the flat lens housing mod like this:

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/underwater/index.html

Frozen-Fire has the Hero2 (and the eye of mine flat lens housing) and the results look pretty good

I'm not a huge fan of the wideangle footage when you're shooting above water though.

Terry, the green water thing is very normal - I experience it a lot when shooting underwater pics with my camera even in gin clear water. I think I read somewhere that the deeper you shoot, the more green/blue it gets because of the way that light gets filtered through water (red & yellow get filtered out first leaving you with green/blue). Algea and stirred up silt can also be a problem causing that greenish look too.

GoPro just released this new underwater housing: http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/dive-housing/

Ok I did a small vid,but the music is to long Dave.Can I stop the music at the end of the vid? I didnt see anything that allowed me to do that.

Lots of fun,once I figured it out.

Add more pictures or increase the time each pic is on screen.

If you have say 30 pictures at a display time of 3 seconds each just adding a second gains you 30 seconds of video time.

I have audio editing software that can be used to legthen/shorten clips but it is easier just to add a couple of extra photos, video or tweak display times to get your timing right.

If it's outdoors related try Trophy Clips