Lake Erie was Very ANGRY

Billy Bob

Morning boys and girls.......

Just as I thought....Lake Erie was angry yesterday morning... .....2-3 footers so we never launched the boat at the Catt....fired up my trusty Tundra truck and headed southwest for another 40 miles or so...to Chautauqua Lake which means bag tied in the middle by our natives here......

Bing Bang Boom at my favorite secret spot #1....never lifted the anchor even once.....over 100 crappies, and about the same amount of Bluegills/Pumkinseeds were also caught, however MOST of the crappies didn't make the mandatory 9 inches so they were released for another time.....LOTS of 8.5 and 8.75" fish...

But we did catch 18 keepers.....several largemouth and my buddy John got one nice smallmouth pushing the 4 lb mark.....I had on a bluegill and a small musky around 3.5' came up and grabbed it and swam around with it for a awhile before releasing it.... ....not much you can do with a musky on a light rod with 4# test...LOL

CrappieFishingwithJohnBarthin5-11-12002.jpg

CrappieFishingwithJohnBarthin5-11-12001.jpg

CrappieFishingwithJohnBarthin5-11-12003.jpg

Hope the rest of you good fishing folks nail them today and tomorrow....

Keep your lines tight,

Bob....not Billy

BB

Nice batch of fish!!! :good: :good:

But Erie was very angry?

At 2-3 feet I would say she may have been mildly annoyed not angry and certainly not very angry. :tease: :tease: :tease:

Angry is 4-6 and very angry is anything over 6. ;)

Yep your right.....but I was taking in consideration it wasn't even 8am yet....she was just mad at that point in time... :)

Awesome report BB, thanks for posting!

Those crappies have really nice looking color! I bet they'll be tasty too thumbsup_anim.gif

They will be Sunday's dinner....I let you know then....but they are my ultimate favorite fish to fry up... :thumbsup_anim:

Pretty sure I could of landed that musky on 4 lb test :whistling::whistling:

Just sayin Bob.........

YOU probably could.....but I would have to first hook the bluegill for you.... :whistling: and I suck at musky fishing as they are not too good on the plate.

You should been with us the time we sailed across the North Sea in 75 foot waves Dave.

Now THAT was angry :w00t:

Did you cross it in an open 18' aluminum boat? :whistling:

If you ever see 75 footers on Erie say goodbye to your loved ones and make peace with your god because the world will have bigger problems than just some Erie waves!!!!! :w00t:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Gee Bob ! I almost missed this one. Some real nice fishies ya got there. Hope the wife got the stain outta yer drawers after that Musky tried for a free lunch w00t.gif

Underwear.....what underwear.....we Rednecks don't wear any.... :whistling: