Turning 65 , do I still pay to fish/

npt1

Hi all, I am turning 65 soon and I would like to know if I can fish for free or do I need to purchase

anything?

Thanks for your help.

Sarmoti.

65 plus,no licence ,just make sure you have id. I do believe you have to abide by the conservation licence limits.Good luck.

you will need a licence up to your birthday, last year i turned 65 in october so i had to buy one for the year. if you turn 65 before the season starts you won't need one, but if the season starts before your birthday and you plan on fishing don't tempt fate, spend the money and get one.

now i know you are supposed to be able to prove your age, but i just checked my outdoors card and it has the date of my birth embossed on it. since it is a document issued by the provincial government , shouldn't it count as proof of age? Is it really necessary to carry a drivers licence or some other document?

I don't have a seniors card, when i called service canada because i hadn't recieved one, they told me they had run out of them and were hoping to get more, then play catch up with the waiting list for those who need them.

Doesn't everyone just keep their wallet on them at all times?

Not necessarily, when fishing from home my wallet stays in the house. Boaters Card is in the boat, fishing license is in the tackle box, what would I need my wallet for?

Not necessarily, when fishing from home my wallet stays in the house. Boaters Card is in the boat, fishing license is in the tackle box, what would I need my wallet for?

ID...

A $20 for when you break down and need a tow from a fellow boater...or gas...

ID for emergency situations...

Organ doner info...

ID... It's OK, I know who I am.

A $20 for when you break down and need a tow from a fellow boater...or gas... Nobody charges for a tow around here, you need your whole wallet to carry a twenty?...always lotsa gas when I leave the dock.

ID for emergency situations... Hopefully somebody would help out without asking for "papers" first.

Organ doner info... Now you're just getting morbid.

Edited by Jer

so i guess with reasoning like that you never carry a wallet...?

i guess its a bit different for me here... im on the st.lawrence river... i buy my gas and food on the water by boat... i also cross into NY state and Quebec by boat... and there is the possibility of being hit by an ocean liner if i get stuck in the channel...im not fishing a little back country lake where everyone knows you by name...

as for the $20 for a tow... nobody "charges" for a tow here either... but if i spend a good chunk of my day off and a bunch of my gas towing you so you dont have to paddle and waist the rest of your day....and a $20 is offered... i dont hesitate to take it... and if i ever do need a tow... ill be more then happy to give the guy that helps me a $20...last time i towed a boat it was huge and i burnt about $15 in gas and an hour and a half of my day on the water...i actually had to go get gas right after i left em at the dock...waisting another 45 mintues... so as a boater that has lost track of how many boats ive towed compared to myself who has never been towed... i appreciated the "thank you" $20 i got for my troubles... i dont go into the situation thinkin "this guy better have money for me"...and im not upset if its not offered... but its nice to be able to replace the gas i burnt helping them...

i wish i could leave my wallet at home when i went fishing and leave society behind like you...

I just carry all my fishing , hunting , boating, firearms and radio stuff in a separate small wallet. If you hunt you still gotta keep up the outdoors card and hunting licenses, still a couple of years from 65. The sport has sure got buried in paperwork over the last 50 years :wallbash: