April 11, 2012

manitoubass2

Well, this time me and my daughter headed down to the river for a shore fish. The conditions changes drastically since yesterday. The sun was out, zero wind, the water levels dropped about 14" and the water was as clear as I've ever seen it. Basically, it didn't look very promising...

We rigged up a few shakey heads like yesterday, and see if the fish would smash it yet again.

When we arrived, one boat was near bye. We asked them how there luck was? No fish he said, guess they were live bait fishing on jigs. They went on trolling away, and I casted. Cast one, nothing.

Cast two, BAAAAMMMM!, oh yeah, grab the net!!!! Another good smack of the shakey head worm. Fought the fish for a few minutes, then my daughter calmly netted the fish head first. High fives!!! and picture time, a true Rainy River beast!!!

April112012walleye008.jpg

Cast about 3 more times, same thing! Just simply shaking that jig off bottom in the current seams. Man these fish are absolutely hammering this bait! This one is CHUNKYYYY! Again, my daughter does a great net job!

April112012walleye012.jpg

Again, all it takes is another cast.... I'll never get sick of this I'm thinking, lol. Into the net she goes...

April112012walleye009.jpg

April112012walleye011.jpg

April112012walleye017.jpg

April112012walleye019.jpg

One more cast, another one. A little smaller, but still a great fish! Man were getting spoiled when 23" walleye are small, lol

April112012walleye022.jpg

April112012walleye025.jpg

Now we switched it up to see if the Livetarget Golden shiner would work. About five casts after jigging this guy off bottom, BAAAAMMMM! Yet again, so much fun!

April112012walleye031.jpg

April112012walleye032.jpg

April112012walleye033.jpg

goofing around....

April112012walleye034.jpg

Look at the teeth on this momma!!!

April112012walleye018.jpg

Another beautiful day with my daughter! This is really something to remember these past two days!

Thank you Uncle! These fish are for you!!!!!!

It doesn't get much better than that. Fantastic. There's a couple of guys on my job site in Dryden that spent last weekend there with similar results. They also boated a 54" Sturgeon. What an amazing fishery you have there. Great post.

Beautiful fish. Isn't it awesome when a new pattern comes together?

Thank you, and yes!

Anyone else ever heard of shakey heading walleye???? I haven't, but I'm simply amazed how well it works (at least right now).

I've just recently enjoyed bass style spinnerbaits for walleye, and that works very well and is a ton of fun, but this shakey head worm combo is kinda ridiculous...

It doesn't get much better than that. Fantastic. There's a couple of guys on my job site in Dryden that spent last weekend there with similar results. They also boated a 54" Sturgeon. What an amazing fishery you have there. Great post.

Cool, I've seen some boats that aren't local. Good for them for coming to enjoy the fishery!

If you ever plan to come this way, let me know! Always nice to meet a board member and get some fishing in

Thanks. Offer extended from here as well.

Very kind of you. I'll be up there to pre fish for Dryden Walleye Masters. If we can't get together to fish we should certainly grab a beer, or some food.

Wow...I'm seriously jealous.

lol, I'm still kinda in shock myself good.gif

Awesome man. Those are some nice fish. Can't complain fishing and spending the time with the daughter.

Fishing with my daughter is always a treat, your absolutely right!

I fish with my kids alot, but sometimes I don't post the pics of them. In honor of one of my greatest net men/companions, here is a few of my kids for you all to enjoy!!!!! The prides of my life, they make me so happy, and so proud!!!!

My oldest son Braydon

June042011047.jpg

sept232011052.jpg

Sept112011020.jpg

My son John, who is affectionately know to family as "Jigger"

fromjudymy102010054.jpg

My oldest and youngest with a bass

June2010pt2198.jpg

Jigs bass

July072010019.jpg

My youngest boys bass

rhettsmallyresized.jpg

My oldest girl, still afraid to grab the fish, lol

8434_290463370520_698190520_9003718_2766460_n.jpg

I got millions of these pictures. I love my kids so much and I'm so glad they share in my passion, and all the time we spend together with mother nature. So so special

Thanks alot guys, glad you enjoyed the report/pictures!

Yesterday was just one of them days. Everything was saying it shouldn't be that good of a day. Water temps dropped back down to 40 degrees, water levels dropped a good 14", water clarity was insanely clear for a large river, it was perfectly sunny and the was no wind????

But I'll take it, hahaha.

I got two more kicks at the can, shore fishing this evening and out in the boat tomorrow with my old man.

Hopefully the next report will be half as good thumbsup_anim.gif

Your extremely lucky to be able to catch quality fish like that from shore and close to home B) Great job MB :worthy::clapping::thumbsup_anim:

I will also add... having your kids partake in your fishing expeditions... PRICELESS :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman