Well, I must be doing something wrong!

Big Cliff

Ok, I have been getting out every chance I get looking for crappie (on a lake I can't mention). Well, it hasn't been very productive but I don't feel too bad, no one else seems to be catching them either but it has been entertaining.

Last Saturday a local cottage owner walked down to the shore line and announced that some jerk had parked their van and boat trailer on a private road and blocked his driveway. He then announced that they had 10 minutes to move it or he would have it towed (I'd have just had it towed) but he is Canadian, I'm just old. There wase some grumbling from a boat but I couldn't understand what they were saying, it wasn't in English.

Then it turned out that one of them had had a dump right beside his propane tanks, (how nice can you be to a guy who's drive way you have just blocked)?

Oh wait, there is more: A boat was observed keeping OOS bass, they were advised and they just laughed, the CO was called who showed up!

Unfortunatly they saw him coming and dumped the bass (no law against releasing OOS fish).

Why do people have to be this way then complain that we discrimnate?

Tell me about it..We have unwanted folks fishing at our dock when were not there. Twice I have come down there to find a huge dump complete with toilet paper right beside the dock my kids swim at. Not to mention their garbage and beer bottles..Sooo frustrated. Im gonna catch these jerks one of these times, the question is what am I going to do when I do... :whistling: The wife already chased them away once, I wont be so nice.

Thats WILD!!! I can't even fathom it, get the wifes rubber gloves and jam that "bio fuel" right up inside there door handles!!!! I'm so tired hearing about losers like this, make the call, OPP, MNR. Being the nice guy and trying to educate straight up isn't working...

Brutal..

You almost feel helpless in situations like this.

You can't pound their faces in, cuz you'll get charged.

If you call the cops, they aren't going to do anything.

And obviously calling the MNR didn't materialize in to any charges against them.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

but it has been entertaining.

I should have stuck around on Sunday long enough to hear this story in person. Disappointing, funny and sad all at the same time.

For the property-owners, it's time to put up game cameras. Send the video of the guy pinchin' one off to the police, and upload it to Youtube and here. Somebody will recognize him.

Ok, I have been getting out every chance I get looking for crappie (on a lake I can't mention). Well, it hasn't been very productive but I don't feel too bad, no one else seems to be catching them either but it has been entertaining.

Last Saturday a local cottage owner walked down to the shore line and announced that some jerk had parked their van and boat trailer on a private road and blocked his driveway. He then announced that they had 10 minutes to move it or he would have it towed (I'd have just had it towed) but he is Canadian, I'm just old. There wase some grumbling from a boat but I couldn't understand what they were saying, it wasn't in English.

Then it turned out that one of them had had a dump right beside his propane tanks, (how nice can you be to a guy who's drive way you have just blocked)?

Oh wait, there is more: A boat was observed keeping OOS bass, they were advised and they just laughed, the CO was called who showed up!

Unfortunatly they saw him coming and dumped the bass (no law against releasing OOS fish).

Why do people have to be this way then complain that we discrimnate?

One thing for certain. I would kindly return the the deposit beside his tanks by strategically placing it UNDER the door handles.

Yep, your doing it all wrong for sure!!

I've had no probs catching crappies anywhere I go this year. A lot of guys are saying they aren't getting them, but I just can't see it. Maybe I'm just lucky :dunno:

I'm not the least bit surprised about the idiots doing stupid stuff though. Before ya know it, the kawartha's will be just like simcoe. It will cost you a fortune to launch a boat and go fishing.

S.

One thing for certain. I would kindly return the the deposit beside his tanks by strategically placing it UNDER the door handles.

Yes, some under the door handles.....but the rest in the gas tank as someone already mentioned, bio-fuel.... :whistling:

Another option is to get a car parked VERY close in front of the vehicle and another VERY close behind the trailer....then watch and wait the fun start.... :clapping:

I once had a lawn cutting business block "MY" driveway with their trailer so they could cut several lawns in the neiborhood.....when I approached the owner and kindly asked them to pull forward he asked me if I was leaving right now.....as I was inconviencing him and his workers....go figure.

Another option is to get a car parked VERY close in front of the vehicle and another VERY close behind the trailer....then watch and wait the fun start.... :clapping:

As much as I would love to do something very juvenile and worthy of their utter foolishness, I like this idea from BB. That or get a trail cam to catch them dumping and post prints everywhere, maybe put one of those non identifying black strips across their eyes ;)

Wonder if video of them catching and keeping OOS fish would be good enough for the MNR or CO's ?

Call the OPP and fling the poo on their door handles and boat winch. Jerks like that need to learn a lesson before they will adjust their behaviour. A ticket for tresspassing and an impound fee on their vehicle will hurt and inconvenience them a fair bit. They'll learn, the hard way which is exactly what they deserve Cliff.

I agree that this time of year brings the bucket fisherman out in droves. I was almost pushed into the water by one of them not to long ago, I was fishing on a log large enough for one person, I needed to put new bait on and walked 5 feet to my bag when this guy jumps on the log and almost puts me in the lake. I said what the hell but he did not speak English, I dont mind other people fishing but when you clean the lake out by keeping 8" pike and throwing the bass in the forest because they eat your favorite pan-fish and are rude then it pisses me off.

Cliff, a small pebble, inserted into the valve stem of their vehicle, will slowly drain the tire of it's air... and when they go to refill the tire, the stone will fall out and they will not be any wiser...

Some times people suck!

HH

Acknowledged--frustrating stuff--have an 'MNR Company' associate who often says--"Civility Costs Nothing--Why be ignorant"

Education component here to be sure

Saw a 'character' throw his kids diaper in the Lake Simcoe Water Shed last week---Thought new parents came equipped with diaper-disposal gear?

As our very own MercMan says

Respect the Resource

-Yours to Explore--Ours to Protect

TightLines All

Nice Pooch Big and Ugli !

Well Done Dude

Paul