Number of lines

There is this incredible website that was recently created to answer this and many more questions. www.google.com. Just don't tell anyone I told you about it.

some people just seem lonley and need to talk, or have others do the work for them. Regs are available at every Canadian Tire/Wal-mart and tackle store I've ever been in.

jjcanoe

Hooks and Lines – An angler may use only one line, unless otherwise

stated in the regulations. Two lines may be used when angling from

a boat in parts of the Great Lakes (see exceptions to the general

regulations) and for ice fishing in many areas (see Ice Fishing)

why use two rods? just set up a rig with 2 baited hooks instead of one. fly guys and steelheaders do it all the time and im positive its very popular fishing for cats. for fishing the lower grand i would make sure the hooks are atleast 2 feet apart

There is this incredible website that was recently created to answer this and many more questions. www.google.com. Just don't tell anyone I told you about it.

I get the fact that some questions really are redundant...but what is the point of having a forum based on discussion if you cant ask some simple questions. I ask questions all the time that people probably say what is he asking this for but I usually post after doing a lot of research through that amazing site called google. I just want to hear from other peoples experiences instead of always making the wrong choice or for instance wasting money on my boat or not putting enough money into it(currently have a topic open about my boat). I find with google that i usually end up at a public forum anyways so might aswell ask it on this one. The good thing about the forums to is that generally there isnt just one person wondering the same thing. So many other people benefit from the posts aswell.

I get the fact that some questions really are redundant...but what is the point of having a forum based on discussion if you cant ask some simple questions. I ask questions all the time that people probably say what is he asking this for but I usually post after doing a lot of research through that amazing site called google. I just want to hear from other peoples experiences instead of always making the wrong choice or for instance wasting money on my boat or not putting enough money into it(currently have a topic open about my boat). I find with google that i usually end up at a public forum anyways so might aswell ask it on this one. The good thing about the forums to is that generally there isnt just one person wondering the same thing. So many other people benefit from the posts aswell.

I totally get what you are saying, and agree that one of the main reasons I keep coming back to OFC is to learn more about all things related to fishing. The point that I was trying to make is that the regulations are easily accessible online. I could understand if the original post was about a clarification of the regs, but that is not the way that I read it. One of my pet peeves is people who are lazy and want others to do simple things, like a google search, for them. I also would not want someone to base their knowledge of the regs based on a post in a forum. They are better off going to the original source, and as I just mentioned ask for clarification if they are confused.

but what is the point of having a forum based on discussion. When it comes to the legality of how many lines or hooks, it's not a "discussion", it's facts, just the facts, go look them up cause you're not going to step up to the plate and bail him out if he gets an answer from a bad discussion.

As for your open topic with questions about your boat, as long as no one tells you to drive your boat around without the drain plug installed, there's probably no serious situation going to develop that costs you money and grief. We're not trying to discourage questions, but some things should be read first hand in black and white.

Look, if you have the info that the OP asked for and want to tell him, then do so.

If you don't have the info, or if you do have the info but don't want to share it then move on.

Stop being so unfriendly to others which seems to be the latest trend against new or old members. This kind of post will eventually hurt this forum

and more people won't post because of stuff like this, so it is time to grow up and stop this nonsense.

I don't know why this thread hasn't been locked down by now. It has strayed too far from the topic.

Tom.

Look, if you have the info that the OP asked for and want to tell him, then do so.

If you don't have the info, or if you do have the info but don't want to share it then move on.

Stop being so unfriendly to others which seems to be the latest trend against new or old members. This kind of post will eventually hurt this forum

and more people won't post because of stuff like this, so it is time to grow up and stop this nonsense.

I don't know why this thread hasn't been locked down by now. It has strayed too far from the topic.

Tom.

100% agree worthy.gif

Wow...

why what did I do

not many people can get them to change the posts for you

shouldn't it show that it was edited.......

v...guess that's why I didn't get an invite...LOL

Edited by Terry

The message that should be sent whenever someone has a message about regulations is "read them yourself". Do not rely on someone else, as they may be basing their knowledge on bad information (maybe last year's regs). I was a bit of a jerk about it, but that was the point I was trying to make. In my opinion all responsible anglers should check the regulations at least once a year in order to stay up to date. I do not think that a CO would accept the excuse "but officer I read on a fishing forum that you are allowed to use two fishing rods from shore in this area".

but what is the point of having a forum based on discussion. When it comes to the legality of how many lines or hooks, it's not a "discussion", it's facts, just the facts,

...seems to have sparked a discussion after all. :D

I never had anyone change a post for me.... I am 300 kms away from the person you are thinking of, Taking care of Ill grandparents. If someone changed it... which I see someone did.. I certainly did not know about it.

That said...

I find it asinine that someone that actually asks a fishing related question here, gets ridiculed for it.. We are after all a fishing related website... No matter how new or old... we all started fishing somewhere in our lives.... be it 3 years old or 30 years old. There is a beginning to everything.

The OP found this site, and asked a fishing related question to fellow anglers. Hoping to get a straight answer from his peers... instead certain people jump on him.... Shame on them for doing so.

As for the NHL mention... read again... Fishing related website. It says OntarioFishingCommunity..... not OntarioHockeyCommunity..

I understand the need for non fishing related posts... but to jump on someone for the ONE interest we have in common (Fishing) is uncalled for in my opinion.

G

Beans has the correct answer, Christopher. But you really should have a look at the regulations as it pertains to the number of lines you're allowed to use at one time. If you're a shore person, it's safe to say that you're only allowed one line.

I never had anyone change a post for me.... I am 300 kms away from the person you are thinking of, Taking care of Ill grandparents. If someone changed it... which I see someone did.. I certainly did not know about it.

That said...

I find it asinine that someone that actually asks a fishing related question here, gets ridiculed for it.. We are after all a fishing related website... No matter how new or old... we all started fishing somewhere in our lives.... be it 3 years old or 30 years old. There is a beginning to everything.

The OP found this site, and asked a fishing related question to fellow anglers. Hoping to get a straight answer from his peers... instead certain people jump on him.... Shame on them for doing so.

As for the NHL mention... read again... Fishing related website. It says OntarioFishingCommunity..... not OntarioHockeyCommunity..

I understand the need for non fishing related posts... but to jump on someone for the ONE interest we have in common (Fishing) is uncalled for in my opinion.

G

I agree, however I answered his question, your comment was general and is why I did my post,I was kidding, however someone did remove your comments from your post and everyone Quotes of your comments.....

right or wrong they were removed with no edited by at the bottom