OOD wants new Editor-in-chief

farsider

Stumbled across this job posting:

OOD Job Posting

Anyone know what happened to John Kerr?

Cheers,

Mark

I was just talking with John last week about some writing for the magazine and he referred me to the travel editor James Smedley.

I kind of wondered about it at the time.

I've been an admirer of Mr. Kerr's for a long time. He's a very well respected outdoorsman and will be missed.

john is retiring .. at least that is what they told me.... i hope to see john doing more fishing at the ganny as we had some great times down there ... even when he shatterd his rod at the old file hole... we all had a good laugh that day .

john is retiring .. at least that is what they told me.... i hope to see john doing more fishing at the ganny as we had some great times down there ... even when he shatterd his rod at the old file hole... we all had a good laugh that day .

Ahhhhhhh, the old file hole!!! That brings back some memories!!! :good: :good:

you ever see anyone walk off the wall on the east side .. long way down... usually good for 1 or 2 a year

Nope, never did.

Did have a guy forget to put his vehicle in gear/park at the old abutments down river of the dam. My buddy dive a sweet dive out of the way as it carreened past him into thetailout of the run. :lol:

I was at the head of the run on the East side at the time and watched this guys car launch of a couple of giant boulders and into the river.

Didn't mess up my fishing though!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

As Chessy notes, John's retiring. He's been doing this shtick a long time. Wonderful man, and it's nice to see him and Mrs. K be able to spend more time together.

Good luck to whoever he passes the torch to.

that Craig should be you my friend

I wouldn't want that job. I would fear that there would be constant meddling by the OFAH. They have clearly turned the magazine from not just an outdoors magazine but a medium to push their political agenda.

That is probably a true statement.

I was just talking with John last week about some writing for the magazine and he referred me to the travel editor James Smedley.

I kind of wondered about it at the time.

I've been an admirer of Mr. Kerr's for a long time. He's a very well respected outdoorsman and will be missed.

Yes he will Solo :(

I've never met James but he does write for us occasionally.

I rarely ever missed John Kerr's articles in the Sun either. I was disappointed when they ended and was pleased to hear that he resurfaced in OOD. So happy retirement to Mr Kerr.

Maybe he will restore the "old bread" truck him and Dave had and I used to fix, good old days in the 70s. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Maybe he will restore the "old bread" truck him and Dave had and I used to fix, good old days in the 70s. clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Dave Fernie the man who could make a spinner talk, and the trout always listened, what ever Fernie left behind Kerr caught, never want to fish behind those 2, in their prime, thats where the term slim pickins came from

Dave Fernie the man who could make a spinner talk, and the trout always listened, what ever Fernie left behind Kerr caught, never want to fish behind those 2, in their prime, thats where the term slim pickins came from

yes he can make a spinner (#3 silver Mepps , Black furry . . .) talk as he is the "the spinner man" they are both gems to behold. Spoke to Dave today.

can't wait to see him and hopefully John is around.

Oh the memories . . .

A

yes he can make a spinner (#3 silver Mepps , Black furry . . .) talk as he is the "the spinner man" they are both gems to behold. Spoke to Dave today.

can't wait to see him and hopefully John is around.

Oh the memories . . .

A

sure it was not a colorado spinner ??

As Chessy notes, John's retiring. He's been doing this shtick a long time. Wonderful man, and it's nice to see him and Mrs. K be able to spend more time together.

Good luck to whoever he passes the torch to.

I would agree C---R--have admired the man's writing for a long time

There is another O.F.A.H. Peterborough gig available as well--'Zone Liaison & Initiatives Coordinator'-deadline March 30th/2012 if any OFC'ers have an interest

[email protected]

Have a good day all

Cheers

Paul

'Take A Kid Fishing'