Thanks to the absent minded person at Lund

irishfield

When my boat came in, back in February, the packing slip showed the LCX-110 GPS/Finder shipped with the boat......but it wasn't in the boat when it arrived at the dealer. Nobody knows if it was just missed when packing or it grew legs...but I don't care as that model became obsolete technology for 2007 and to replace it they had to give me an LCX-112 ! :thumbsup_anim::D

I haven't priced it...but presume there isn't actually any price difference from the LCX-110 of 2006 to the LCX-112 of 2007. The 112 has a little more LCD screen technology and a couple added features with more background mapping...but that's most likely only good in the USA. Just nice having the newest one...instead of getting the LCX-110, only to see it removed from production before I even use it.

Sadly, the 112 will be outdated 5 minutes after you install it. It's the way of the world now, you need to trade up every 3 months to keep up with new technology. I just don't worry about that any more, so long as it works like it's supposed to, that's OK by me. Enjoy the 112 with the big screen. I wish I could fit one on my tub, eyes get weaker each year. <_<

Very nice Wayne, you're going to need it on Temagami! :lol:

BTW, Step 1 of Operation Lund is completed, house has been sold to make way for the new one! Now I've got 90 days to find a house, trade my car for a pickup, and order the 1900!

Tony

Had a real good laugh and then some thoughts of concern this afternoon as to what's going on up North.

The marina called me this afternoon...said they were working on getting my boat ready and wanted to confirm that I wanted the transducer for my bow mounted 102C attached to the bottom of my trolling motor and not the transom of the boat.

My reply was...how about you use that 5 to 7 pin adapter cord...that's in the box behind the front left seat and hook it to the cord from the BUILT IN transducer and temperature sensor in the trolling motor...and hook it up to the 102C..... and hand me the transducer that came with the 102C and I'll use it for ice fishing (since the 102C has a flasher mode and I can make a "Ron" portable).

Their reply...OH ! :rolleyes:

You know I'm psych'd when I have all the various option pieces memorized and as to where they are in the boat...

I also realized playing with the simulators on the Lowrance site that the 102C, that I put on the bow, has boat water speed and distance read outs on it...so one more cord and tee joins it on the NMEA2000 system to use all the sensors hooked to the Console unit....so I told them to put that together as well. That way I can use the trolling motor and still read water speed when we get on that pod of big Walleye next fall Bud.