Walleye have been very very good to me!

Darrel

wow

now I am afraid to post my pike spearing trip

last night week month....in a different county country

yeah that's what it was, but I think I will pass on posting about it

Only a few people on here will call you a poacher Terry.

wow

now I am afraid to post my pike spearing trip

last night week month....in a different county country

yeah that's what it was, but I think I will pass on posting about it

You are now, the new owner of the large spoon. :whistling:

I'm goin to throw in my 2 cents. A few have posted references to the regs. Yes Caledonia is off limits for walleye. Season there ends feb 29 as per the exceptions. Somewhere upstream from there (onandaga tuscarora line) walleye and pike switch back to the general regulations. This line is downstream from brantford, not exactly sure where, I think its near chiefswood/ middleport area.

I was fishing in brantford last week and a guy told me to try caledonia, "they're slamming them now" was the phrase he used. I was also told to come back and fish the spot I was fishing after the season closes. The fish stack up and "they can fish for then, so can I" Yeah, try tellin that to a CO.

Edited by sauce

I walk the Grand with my dog in Caledonia every 2nd day. It's only really become fishable in the last two weeks. Too bad the season closed March 1st. No way does the condition of the river prior to March 1st jive with a couple of the pic's he posted.

I drive across the Caledonia bridge at least twice a day and you are absolutely right sir, when you say, "It's only really become fishable in the last two weeks".

This statement too is the absolute truth: "No way does the condition of the river prior to March 1st jive with a couple of the pic's he posted."

In the fourth picture if he were to turn around, stand on the edge of the wall and drop his line right at his feet, he would still be within the 22.9m/75 foot restriction.

Besides, it's not where you stand. Your bait or lure musn't be within 22.9m/75' of a dam, fishway, obstruction etc.etc.

I think if it were up to a jury they wouldn't be out very long!

If you know the regs so well you should have known that it was closed March 1 not 15th, that there shows you don't know your regs that you are so sure you know.

What does the commebt about people being retired have to do with it. Are they losers because they worked there entire life lol.

I think you are a lost cause. Go fish Caledonia this week again why don't you.

What's been posted that's incorrect?

My mistake, sorry solo. I read thru 3 pages of replies and something you said in your dogwalking reply stuck out. I went back and re-read it and realised I had misread something. I meant no harm. I'll edit my post now so someone else doesn't question my comment...

My mistake, sorry solo. I read thru 3 pages of replies and something you said in your dogwalking reply stuck out. I went back and re-read it and realised I had misread something. I meant no harm. I'll edit my post now so someone else doesn't question my comment...

Spoken like a true gentleman.

What is the soft water season going to change :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Who cares if he was 5-10 feet either side of the so called sign.People are so quick to judge on this forum!. If you are members of other forums as I know some of you are ,people are sick of this forum and I quote"A lot of high post members who know everything and are far to Quick to judge new comers" That is only one thread talked about.Lighten up!!!!!!!!!. I don't care as I can look after myself,but a lot of this crap has to stop.

That part about soft water season,fun time!!!!!!,Don't be so quick to judge every one all the time. I personally have gained a lot of knowledge from this site and will continue to do so as long as they let me. Dave.

Who cares if he was 5-10 feet either side of the so called sign.People are so quick to judge on this forum!. If you are members of other forums as I know some of you are ,people are sick of this forum and I quote"A lot of high post members who know everything and are far to Quick to judge new comers" That is only one thread talked about.Lighten up!!!!!!!!!. I don't care as I can look after myself,but a lot of this crap has to stop.

That part about soft water season,fun time!!!!!!,Don't be so quick to judge every one all the time. I personally have gained a lot of knowledge from this site and will continue to do so as long as they let me. Dave.

The issue here is not signage or where he was standing.

The issue is the Grand in Caledonia has been closed to walleye fishing since March 1st.

OMG.........what is going on here lately........these are our fellow comarads........they are ON OUR SIDE OF THE FENCE......

PLEASE......PLEASE STOP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON OUR OWN PEOPLE.......

So anglers who flount the law, whether unwittingly or not, deserve a pat on the back because we're all comrads and on the same side of the fence?

Is there a gag me with spoon emoticon?

Speak for yourself.

The issue here is not signage or where he was standing.

The issue is the Grand in Caledonia has been closed to walleye fishing since March 1st.

And the date of the pix is still unknown despite the amateur detective work. Wouldn't be the first time a report is posted weeks later uh? Yet the sandbox bullies just can't wait to jump all over someone here. Sad day for OFC!