Question about trout beads

misfish

I now have some of those trout beads(going to give them a try this weekend) and was told to use a tooth pick to hold it in place on the line.I think the wood, would be abrasive to the line.

My question is,is there another way? I hear theres a soft rubber peg you can get.

Looking forward to trying them out,as I have heard nothing but good things.

Thanks

Edited by Misfish

The toothpick is not a great idea b/c it defeats the fast sink rate of the egg. Not a big deal if your sink rate doesn't matter, but in a lot of places it does. Consider the end of a riffle before it drops into a pool. Sometime you need to get done into that transition water fast. Fish can sit in this water picking up drifting eggs from fish spawning on said riffle. The rubber pegs are fine. You can easily tie them on too. Peg from the bottom up. my 2c

A bobber stop works fine as already mentioned, a nail knot can be used in place of the bobber stop, grass trimmer line cut on an angle can be used in place of the heavy mono cut on an angle. I have the peg its that floatman sells,but I haven't tried them yet. A girl in the US is selling bead pegs that anglers say work better than the peg-its. She charges $5.50 for 50 mailed to Canada. Her contact is( [email protected]). I have been pulling elastics through the bead with a scrap piece of mono and then trimming the elastic.

The toothpick is not a great idea b/c it defeats the fast sink rate of the egg. Not a big deal if your sink rate doesn't matter, but in a lot of places it does. Consider the end of a riffle before it drops into a pool. Sometime you need to get done into that transition water fast. Fish can sit in this water picking up drifting eggs from fish spawning on said riffle. The rubber pegs are fine. You can easily tie them on too. Peg from the bottom up. my 2c

You want a faster sink rate just ditch the plastic beads and run glass or clay beads.

Do you have an online/site contact Dave?

Thanks

Here is a clay site.

http://www.sculpey.com/

FYI mixing and swirling=good beads. ;)

You can hand roll your clay beads or get a Bead Roller

Just don't forget to make the hole in the bead before baking the clay. LOL

Glass beads can be had at craft stores like Michaels.

Here is a clay site.

http://www.sculpey.com/

FYI mixing and swirling=good beads. ;)

You can hand roll your clay beads or get a Bead Roller

Just don't forget to make the hole in the bead before baking the clay. LOL

Glass beads can be had at craft stores like Michaels.

the problen i found with craftstore beads is ....the hole edges are sometimes sharp...therefore it doesnt take much of a tug on your line to break you off once underload....but the ones walmart sells in their craft section seem to be ok ....while your there...pick up some of the round yarn balls...all ya have to do is put a hook through them and your good to go ....but ...they have a tendancy to slid off or up the hook ....experiment and youll figure it out...

while your there...pick up some of the round yarn balls...all ya have to do is put a hook through them and your good to go ....but ...they have a tendancy to slid off or up the hook ....experiment and youll figure it out...

Did that 20 years ago. Where ya been? LOL :sarcasm: