New PB for Juli

asdve23rveavwa

Finally got back out on the famed waters of the Bay of Quinte, Saturday. Tough conditions, with the wicked cold front, but, Juli latched on to a beauty 8 1/2 lb walleye, her new PB.

The fish was only a hair over 26", but, was a fatty!

BellevilleBiggie.jpg

NewPBforJuli.jpg

Had a great day in FishinMagicians comfy hut, with a few chasers, and some nice perch caught as well. Even though things were tough, can't complain, especially when a PB is landed!

Love those waters, and, sometimes I really wish I lived on the east side of Toronto :)

Great Job, Juli! It certainly is a beautiful specimen. Glad you both had a good time.

I'll pass on the message Roy. She kicked my butt again, this has really been her year on the hardwater.

Holy cow! Quinte sure is producer of huge walleye

Yeah, Chad, it is a huge walleye factory. If you ever get the chance, go for it.

That said, you have some pretty darn good fishing on your doorstep :) We're really looking forward to heading up that way again next January!!

A 26 incher going 8.5lbs must have been thick...

Congrats...

I'm hoping to get marissa a bigger walleye this year... It's one of the only species I target where her pb isn't what it should be...

Yeah, Mike, incredible girth...hard to see on the photo. Checked my scale too, and it is within .3 of a lb, one way or the other.

Good luck getting Marissa the big one!!

Great pb juli congrats with the way our area looks its hard to believe that there is ice in ontario

I hear you Mike! Definitely have to put some miles on the truck to get to any ice fishing.

Look forward to seeing you at the Fishing For A Cure event in July!

Congrats Juli, you sure can catch fish :thumbsup_anim:

Frank... not so much :whistling::lol:

Congrats juli on your pb , and ps what dan said x2 , lol

I was waiting for the peanut gallery to chime in :D

Way to go Juli. Congrats (again) I think Frank is the lucky charm - he used all his charm getting Juli and now he has none left for the fishwhistling.gif .

Thanks, Rick. I won't deny, she has the magic touch right now. We've fished on the ice six times this winter. Juli has caught the biggest fish 5 of those days!! I beat her on numbers a few times, but, I get as much joy watching her land big fish, as if I caught them myself.