Decisions Decisions!

Headhunter

I had been making plans to get my two kids out for some Perch on Simcoe this weekend, it would be their first time ice fishin. My 9 year old son has been itching to get out and my 8 year old daughter is pretty keen as well.

However, given that we would be white bucketing it, with no shelter, I have been forced to postpone this trip until next weekend given the forecast temps and high winds. I don't want to turn them off on their first trip by freezing their little ba doop do's off on their first try.

So, I have decided that we will stay home this weekend and I will do my best to find the bottom of some beer bottles! (2012 has not started off very well!)

So my biggest problem is.... yup, lager or ale?

What do you guys suggest???

HH

Labatt Blue is a nice PILSNER.

I think I remember it being called Labatt Pilsner back in the 60s.

For me, I'll tend towards ales in the winter. (Fullers London Pride, Old Speckled Hen, Mill Street Tankhouse, and lately Crazy Canuck by Great Lakes). Summertime a whole different bunch of lagers or Pilsners, Especially Urquell. .

Cheers!

Edited by backbay

I think I remember it being called Labatt Pilsner back in the 60s.

For me, I'll tend towards ales in the winter. (Fullers London Pride, Old Speckled Hen, Mill Street Tankhouse, and lately Crazy Canuck by Great Lakes). Summertime a whole different bunch of lagers or Pilsners, Especially Urquell. .

Cheers!

Now there's some good stuff right there........just sayin'

Thanks... I find pilsner's to be too sweet... that said, a nice cold box of the "numbers" (50) has it's appeal!

LOL

HH

Yikes.... :blink:

He's just showing his age John....:whistling:

Edit - Should add this - If you can find it around it's worth a try. Barley Days Brewery Some LCBO's carry the product or if you are out the Picton way just stop in. Hours and map.

Edited by fishnsled

February is stout season! Just finished up a bottle of Lake of Bays Mocha Porter. Also keep an eye out for Great Lake's Brewery's Red Leaf Ale [red ale similar to Rickards but far better], Black Creek Porter, as well as Creemore's UrBock. All excellent craft-brewed Ontario beer.