Unexplainable Weather

Twocoda

This weather is so so. I guess it could be worse. Although I’ve caught fish, I haven’t had a great day yet. This sunny mild weather just makes me think of end-of-season fishing for whites and lakers. This year looks like a bust though I’m still hopeful I can take a week off near the end if that lake (Simcoe) finally freezes over. Ended last year on a high note. Think I have them dialled-in and was really looking forward to a few good days. Pretty disappointing. Hope we don’t get yanked around with unseasonably cold weather come March 15th ... a traditional time for steelhead.

Too bad about the sap Sinker. I hope your prayers come true!

I can recall at least a small handful of winters like these, and I'm probably less than half the age of many posters on here. :whistling:

I had a good conversation about this topic with my old barber last week.

I remarked how fast people forgot about extreme winter seasons both hot and cold. He laughed and told me he doesn't argue with customers that keep talking about the warm weather this winter like its something new. LOL He went on to ryme off a bunch of years that were really warm.

I did some interesting reading a while ago about the deep water horizon oil spill messing with the gulf stream and possibly causing extreme weather patterns. Over in Europe right now they are having a crazy cold winter...

Edited by 12footspringbok

Not a clue Twocoda :whistling:

sparytailstart.jpg

:clapping:That's pretty funny!

I have the worst spring fever imaginable. It's at least a month ahead of usual, and I seem to think that break-up is just around the corner. Never mind that May 1 isn't getting here any faster.... There's some work to do on my buddy's cottage; I'm hoping we can open early so it's all done before fishing time. Here's hoping!

Edited by backbay

I have extended family in Rome and they got snow last week, I got an email that 60 km east of Rome where I was born they got two feet, a cold winter was +4 when I was there. The last time they had a decent snow fall was in 1956, my dad built a snowman for us and then we came here a few years later, seen it very year since!

I started my snow blower in October, bought a NEW shovel and there they sit! Not an once of gas used.

There is always next year.

I just keep thinking that ill need to add an extension to the father-in-laws dock. Water levels have been an issue the last few years and without the meltoff, we could be in for even lower levels than weve become accustomed to.

Jet stream also gets my vote.

One year in the early 80s, the ice was off and I was fishing Elliot Lake on the 15th of April. Mid 90s, we had a spring that didn't see ice out until a couple days before the May long weekend. If it comes early this year, I'll be a happy camper. So will the light of my life, the other day, she suggested we hook up the boat and tow it around for an hour just to feel good.