Back Lakes this spring for Brookies/Splake/Bows

Rustic-Fisher

Drop me a Pm if anyone is interested in following logging trails until your lost, stuck or hit a washout preventing further travel, bushwhacking through what seems like an impenetrable forest,this may include having a canoe over your head.

Choking on mosquitoes and black flies until you feel you might lose your mind, breaking hundreds of dollars in gear over the years.

And my personal favourite.... doing all the above and only catching rock bass or perch in a lake that was a sure bet. rolleyes.gif

After 20 years of this I still enjoy heading out and punishing myself for a day or two looking for these different back lake gems, and be assured we have found themwhistling.gif some of the better lakes are even within 2.5hrs of Barrie which make great day trips.

R

I wish I could be in I love springs trips to back lakes and places like Algonquin.

But the new baby arrives in April and then year end is May. The only draw back of this job is that the end of April and May are almost a write off for getting time off to go fishing. I might be able to slip a day in on the weekend but not enough to get outside of the general area.

Lots of willing guys, but do any of you have pics to share? I'll take any of ya's along, as long as we're fishing YOUR spots :Gonefishing::canadian::whistling:

P1310280.jpg

P1310263.jpg

P5080020.jpg

P5090041.jpg

P3070027.jpg

P3070029.jpg

P2280041.jpg

P2030036-1.jpg

P2030037-1.jpg

P3080070-1.jpg

P6010018-1.jpg

P6010016-1.jpg

P3080068.jpg

P3080073.jpg

P3080076.jpg

P3080078.jpg

P2240044.jpg

P1210008-1.jpg

P5220012.jpg

P5220033.jpg

P6010020-1.jpg

P5220023.jpg

P5210017.jpg

P5210015.jpg

You guys got any pics?

S.

Drop me a Pm if anyone is interested in following logging trails until your lost, stuck or hit a washout preventing further travel, bushwhacking through what seems like an impenetrable forest,this may include having a canoe over your head.

Choking on mosquitoes and black flies until you feel you might lose your mind, breaking hundreds of dollars in gear over the years.

And my personal favourite.... doing all the above and only catching rock bass or perch in a lake that was a sure bet. rolleyes.gif

After 20 years of this I still enjoy heading out and punishing myself for a day or two looking for these different back lake gems, and be assured we have found themwhistling.gif some of the better lakes are even within 2.5hrs of Barrie which make great day trips.

R

Here are a few from my adventures.

Here we loaded up my truck with a zodiac and went wayyyyy down some logging roads. It was nice having a quiet motor to get us around the lake...

Algonquin 2011 039.jpg

Here are a couple of decent ones..biggest is 2.5 lbs.

fish1.jpg

Edited by atvaholic

The forester has been great. I put a new motor and turbo in it last winter, so its like a brand new car again. Great for back lakes, and awesome in the winter. WAaaaaaay better than the old jeep!! haha

Its for sale if your interested. I need something bigger!

S.