perchin at gilford

mudcat

Its been a couple of years since i got out to gilford. arrived at 7:30AM. Decided to leave the portable hut and electronics at home and go old school. Went straight out gilford rd. in around 15 ft. and did not move from the first 2 holes drilled.

Lost count at how many perch iced but did end up keeping just over a dozen 10" and up with 4 jumbos in the mix. Ill try to post a photo. hope it works.

THE MUDCAT

Edited by mudcat

That wind was brutal. Lefroy was about the same, countless dinks with keepers few and far between and only a small handful of jumbos. People are starting to venture out close to the main lake now, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Cedar point had no more than 3 to 3.5 inches today.

So this sunday I'm thinking of hitting up Cooks bay at Gilford, I asked a buddy of mine where to get bait and he said there are a few bait shops near the water but they might have shut down due to some Emerald Shiner issue he had heard of. I don't really know the area well, can anyone recommend a good bait shop for some perchin size minnows?

So this sunday I'm thinking of hitting up Cooks bay at Gilford, I asked a buddy of mine where to get bait and he said there are a few bait shops near the water but they might have shut down due to some Emerald Shiner issue he had heard of. I don't really know the area well, can anyone recommend a good bait shop for some perchin size minnows?

Micro tubes. White or pink.

Once you get some perch,you can slit the gullit into peices and put on a tear drop.

Thanks for all the advice guys, went to lebaron today to switch my reel. I accidently picked up a Shimano 1000 for my new St. Croix ice fishing rod which was way too big. When I exchanged it for a Rapala R-type they told me I had $15 left over so I picked up some buckshot, some white and pink micro tubes and a few spinner jigs. I'll let everyone know how sunday goes. I'm so stoaked to ice some jumbo perch.