Here's one for Moosebunk

DRIFTER_016

Holy smoke, what a fish!!! And he has a belly like he's been sitting on the couch drinking beer.

How about the story behind it---we'd love to hear it! (Don't say you lost an even bigger one before that!thumbsup_anim.gif).

Not mine.

It was caught by a guest up at the lodge this past season.

Whatta ya think Dave... you've been there. It looks like that fish pic was taken right in front of the camp... if not, maybe near the tailout below Third Falls???

Incredible. Not a week goes by I don't think of that place. Thanks for posting this Dave... each time I see Tree River pics I feel tortured nowadays. lol.

Fish as far as I know was 13.5kg. 29.8 pounds. Only a few pounds shy of the record. The world record has been beaten at least 4 times by what I've been told. One guy fishing the mouth of the river in the gulf did it twice on a trip supposedly in 2008. Bob from Kug tells me he's personally weighed a 34 and 35 pounder out in the gulf as well. Because of the C&R policies and all the hassles of claiming records with IGFA, most record fish I doubt will ever be claimed.

Dave you probably remember Larry and his buddy Andy I think it was? Well, I'd been told a story of 3 rich women coffee brokers who didn't even really fish, and one put her line in the water and caught a laker over 80lbs that was then weighed in the boat and released but, couldn't be claimed a live-release record with the IGFA because it hadn't been weighed on shore.

2014 !!!!?!!!!! lol.