Anyone know why homeless people............

We have windchill here. Is windshield colder? And they're probably standing outside for the same reason that a supposedly sane person leaves his loving wife in their nice warm bed to go sit on the ice in a cardboard box in -28 weather, only to step out of the box from time to time to make another hole in the ice.

We have windchill here. Is windshield colder? And they're probably standing outside for the same reason that a supposedly sane person leaves his loving wife in their nice warm bed to go sit on the ice in a cardboard box in -28 weather, only to step out of the box from time to time to make another hole in the ice.

So let me sum this up Roy..... they are fishing..... Wow our homeless down here where it is warm just ask if you got a dollar. What an amazing world we get to live in day by day. :thumbsup_anim:

Art

Why are some people afraid of mice, snakes, spiders, clowns, water, fire..... They all sound unreasonable to people that aren't afraid of them. Same holds true for those people that choose not to live in a house or appartment, they have their fears too. Might seem unreasonable to most of us but it isn't to them!

Edited by Big Cliff

Why are some people afraid of mice, snakes, spiders, clowns, water, fire..... They all sound unreasonable to people that aren't afraid of them. Same holds true for those people that choose not to live in a house or appartment, they have their fears too. Might seem unreasonable to most of us but it isn't to them!

thumbsup_anim.gif A compassionate answer Cliff.Thanksclapping.gif

They can come from really good families it impacts all walks of life, mental health is a major issue, without fishing how many of us would have different personalities and each of us probably indicated we would give something up a new years (beers my obsession with musky baits) but they just cant. My mother told me to give someone food everyday. i do it every single day in downtown it is only an apple or something from home. Maybe we should all try to do a small piece this year. Weare also lucky compared to many other countries

Go spend a few days offering up some of your free time to help these homeless people and find out.

You'd probably be surprised at how many good people are homeless. And alot of homeless people fall into a trap of drugs/booze that contributes to mental issues, or vise versa. I personally don't blame them for abusing to numb the pain. Have you ever experienced rejection on that level, the hopelessness, the ridicule etc? Humans will take some pretty drastic measures when in that type of enviroment

Go spend a few days offering up some of your free time to help these homeless people and find out.

You'd probably be surprised at how many good people are homeless. And alot of homeless people fall into a trap of drugs/booze that contributes to mental issues, or vise versa. I personally don't blame them for abusing to numb the pain. Have you ever experienced rejection on that level, the hopelessness, the ridicule etc? Humans will take some pretty drastic measures when in that type of enviroment

I'm living proof.

Thanks for this response Bud.Your a good manclapping.gif

Just before Christmas there was a kid outside a local drugstore with a sign asking for change so that he could get something to eat. I DID feel bad for him. :(

When I came out I handed him a bag with some food and a vitamin water in it.

I told him, I wouldn't give him money but I would help him with food.

Giving these guys money doesn't always help.

Can't be sure they won't buy drugs or alcohol.

Thanks Onthefly and mercman, much appreciated.

That awesome work your sister did there skipper (sorry for the loss as well). Many more people need to help in similar fashion IMO.

For the record, I don't fault wsb for his comments. Sometimes it's outta context, or ignorance, moreso than just flat out inhumanity.

Lots of homeless people just fall victim to bad circumstances beyond their control. And once your outta your house, it's really tough to recover. There is a serious lack of help to regain your life. It's almost impossible to retain your job, or find a job. and if you do, it's still a real struggle to continue that job when your half starved, stressed out, emotional, looking after your kids, wondering where to stay etc. All the while people are looking down on you, and insisting drugs or alcohol is what got you where you are.

Just imagine the mental strain? I would imagine it wouldn't take long for ones mental stability to deteriorate. I like to have a few drinks myself, when I think I'm stressed out, I gotta imagine it's sounds even better for a homeless person? A few hours away from the stress. Then in turn, that too may deteriorate your mental ability.

Anyhow, I just feel extreme compassion for my fellow man, and the hard times that can fall on any one of us.

Imagine if we responded the same way to fellow OFC members who have been diagnosed with cancer???

Let's just all help each other out, everyone deserves a good life or the help needed to achieve that...

Edited by manitoubass2