Great day @ the Odyssee

lew

I picked Squid up in Burlington about 6:00 this morning then headed to a restaurant in St. Kitts where we met up with Loonietoon for breakfast before the show. Got chatting to the fella at the table beside us and turns out he's the owner of Luremaking.com so we had a nice gab with him while we ate.

Got to the show at 8:00 and it was already getting busy and the place was loaded with OFNers so it was good to see so many old and new faces.

We sat in on the seminars from Dr. Casselman and Gord Pyzer and they were both very interesting and informative. It was my 3rd Pyzer seminar and it's always a good show with him.

There were alot of really good bargains to be had for musky gear, and although I spent about $200, I probably saved $60, plus I won another bait in a draw.

That's my 3rd Odyssee and they get better every year.

As always, it was great spending the day with all the old OFNers, and just as good meeting up with a bunch of newer faces......Jen, bigbuck, lil Joe..... plus several more whose names I'll remember 2 minutes after I post this :thumbsup_anim:

If you've never attended the Odyssee and have any interest in musky fish'n at all, you should mark the next one on your calendar.....it's a great day.

Yes Lew it was fun for sure... now that I have some Musky lures we will have to get together and get them wet... not bad won 2 nice lures out of 3 draws and as Lew said met some more OFNS including Uncle Buck & Andrea that was busy keeping him in place, MRJR, Pete,MRER, TP, Ron, Dax I know I might be forgetting a few as well.. Learned a few things from Gord Pyzer on different presentations.. It was a great day.. Don't ask how much I spent because I don't want to know :whistling: Will definitively be back again

Edited by Loonietoon

It was nice to be able to actually get to put a face on some of the regulars. Lew & Squid stood out of the crowd in their yellow OFC jackets. It was a great show and I was able to speak to Gord Pyzer for about a half hour with my father in law.Turns out my father in laws next door neighbour worked with Gord for 20 odd years and they're great friends. Small world. So I guess soft plastics were hot sellers after Pyzer's talk. Dr Cassalman's first talk was very informational, a bit too technical at times but very good. I had a very good laugh during the second last video clip of Pyzer's talk, the one where he's up on LOTW with Doug Stange, the father in law gave me a good elbow to the ribs and I realized that we fished that very same unnamed section of the lake last summer, I caught my first little musky just down a few hundred meters from that spot. When I asked Pyzer, he was very evasive about it and I understand he doesn't want to let the world know about his fishing spots, but from the look on his face, I knew we were right. He's very approachable and easy to talk to and has a wealth of knowledge. It was a pleasure to speak to him.

It was a great show and I'll be going next year, that's for sure.

was it just me, or did it seem that some stores had jacked up their prices for some baits?

hmmmm, I can't say that didn't happen, but I never saw it myself personally :dunno:

I bought all my stuff at JB's and he had some excellent deals as always and not just on baits, but also some fantastic savings on rods & reels too.

All I know is, I left the show with a smile on my face :)

Yes it was a great day and nice to meet some new people we had a blast working the Belle River Chapter booth and taking pics for people with the Obrian musky. I have some pics but will get them up later. I would say everyones names but i can not remember everyone and heck for some odd reason I would keep calling muskybill Mike heck I dont know why. Anyway it was a blast and 2009 cant come fast enough

Hey Mike, I don't think your friend in the Belle River booth thought it was too funny when I told him the O'Brien fish wasn't the world record.......yet :lol::lol:

It's fun to stir the pot the odd time :jerry::thumbsup_anim:

Good yakkin with you again and I'll see you on Pigeon.

It was a good show, Congrats are in order to Hamilton & K-W Chapters for organizing and smooth running of the show.

I left buying only two leashes and a stretchy thingy to attach my knipex cutters to. (This is to keep them in the boat when one's hands get wet and slimy) Hard to resist the deals at JBs, but my bud Tiny couldn't, he left with a 400$ hole in his pocket.

The lectures by Dr. Cassleman were excellent and insightful. It was unfortunate, I missed Gord Pyzer's presentation, oh well, that's what happens when you rely on other people for transportation, and these people have additional commitments later in the day.

Good seeing many OFC'rs

John

Howdy All you OFNers,

First time posting, long time lurker, and have fished with some of the great folks on this board.

I'd like to thank all that attended the Odyssey and made it another success. Great to meet up again Lew and

meet some new faces, JEN :rolleyes: Thanks to all that volunteered your time, and yes RON we'll have a

Odyssey Volunteer name tag with the special greetings on the back for ya reel soon..... cause your such a swell guy!

Look forward to contributing to this great board and fishin with many of you, in the near future.

Cheers,

Chris

" Why do you need such a big net?" and "Did you really need another rod and reel?" First question was from the boys when I opened up the Frabil big name net!! The second question was from my darling wife Sue. :whistling: Sue was smart, she cut me off outside before I could hide the loot in the garage :wallbash:

Of course being the squid, I replied that the rod and the reel actually was for her !! <_< "I don't thinks so bud, nice try though" :angel: I guess Christmas does come early for some of us :santa:

:clapping:

I also had a great time at the show with the OFC family. I heard comments from some that everyone from the OFC was so nice!! :clapping::clapping: I have to Agree. :jerry: So lets give ourselves all a great big pat on the back gang. :stretcher:

Now we have to wait until June to wet all the new equipment!! Lets go June.

Sorry I could not stay Chris I thought about it but had to get going I did not want to wait and see what the weather man would have for the morning drive. I did find some good deals there Knipex cuters for $40 MCI shirts for $10 Hooks that sell for $15-$20 here were $11.99 at JB's Pro Tackle had alot of stuff and saved me alot on my cradle if ya knew the prices before hand you could find some good prices.

here are some pics I took most before the show opened and was a little busy to remember to take many more.

Jason from the MNR he has had alot to do with the Lake Simco project and is one hell of a good guy.

gallery_28_13_54127.jpg

Our chapter space at the main booth for MCI we had a great time and talked with many people there that have either fished LSC or have wanted to come join us in the near future. thanks to all who stoped by.

gallery_28_13_33115.jpg

Charles Weise and Joe what a couple of great guys and funny to go with it. Chuck had alot of great musky pictures with him and Joe had a bunch of lures to sell Charles is also a member of the Belle River Chapter.

gallery_28_13_63115.jpg

Depth Master Lures has some great looking baits Jim and Jim had a nice setup baside the TO chapter booth which for some reason I did not get a pic of maybe it was due to the fact that Ron was in the way all the time I was over there.

gallery_28_13_41360.jpg

Stacy of Pro Tackle had alot of stuff to offer and I know I saw alot of people walking out with the big nets and alot of his lures.

gallery_28_13_39895.jpg

Waterwolf Lures what can I say about these two girls Mary and her mother were just AWSOME people I spent 1/2 hour or more later in the show talking withthem both and they were great they also had a pig plug from Gords speach on plastics and were swamped after the speach was done.

gallery_28_13_39581.jpg

JB's had a big setup there and due to the lighting in that end all pics taken were bad.

med_gallery_28_13_14908.jpg

Pete was nice enough to lend us his trophy musky for the show it was caught on Bobacanuche (I think thats how ya spell it) thanks Pete :whistling:

gallery_28_13_74456.jpg

I dont know why sonme pics were so bad but there was also a new company there HOT LURES and these things look great they are the next bulldog only better in my opinion there pic was to distorted to use along with others but check out there web site Aaron and Dean were two great guys to get to know and I bet alot of musky nuts will be pitching these things this year. check them out at.HOTLURES.CA

Well it is sad that there is way to many days to count down to the next one but I bet Chris is already getting things started had a blast and will not miss another gotta go the race is starting.