My First Icecapade - Speckle Hunt Report

Leecher

Man :blink: or gosh darn like Roy would say ;):lol:

Been waiting for this a long long time and today was the day B)

The little beauties were on the feed :) I went 4 for 10 :w00t: on only 1 rod :w00t: and to top it off.... the one that had my new reel B)

Not the biggest but all were in the 12" range B) and verocious :lol:

Biggest was 12 3/4" B) didn't have to use my salties :whistling::lol:

But first the details... left late around 9ish, 2 pit stops (Tims and gas) and the way I go :) Temps were -14C, slight wind from the east and overcast... snow had started to fall down :o

I was anxious to get there... to see how much ice was on the lake... to my surprise, when I arrived, a local was already fishing and had his ATV on the ice :blink: I stopped to talk and gather some crucial info... ice was 6" to 7" inches thick... Perfect B):thumbsup_anim:

So I proceed to the other end of the lake so as to not bother the local... my arrival time

DSC07331.jpg

and my spot to myself B)

DSC07332.jpg

Someone had already punched holes for me :P:lol: So I proceeded to install 2 rods... not a minute went by and my first line gets some serious attention :w00t: and get my first speck on ice WHOO HOO!!!!

DSC07339.jpg

Then the other rod gets attention too... I set the hook and reel in but all of sudden... nothing :blink: I check the jig and the hook had been straighten :w00t: and the grub and 1" Gulp shad was gone :w00t:

WOW I couldn't believe that I miss this thing :wallbash: ah well, it happens :blush:

Not long after and get my second B) but it was a fiesty one, it slipped my grip Oppps!!!

DSC07334.jpg

Under control now :)

DSC07335.jpg

I've never seen a speckle female so full of roe :w00t: She was spitting it everywhere :lol:

DSC07338.jpg

DSC07337.jpg

My third and fourth in a row :clapping:

DSC07336.jpg

DSC07333.jpg

I was quite pleased at this point and decided to pack it in when a few locals gather around my spot :huh: but it was time to go :)

My wife needed the car and it was getting really overcast, I could feel a storm coming looking over the east above the tree line

DSC07341.jpg

The bait of choice today was 1/8oz jig with power grub tip with 1" Gulp shad and Mr. Champ tip with Gulp fish fry in white B)

All in all was a great time!!! Until next time :)

Tight lines

Leechman

P.S. made a little video for your peruse since my daughter bought me the Nickelback CD for Christmas "Here and Now" Enjoy the tune!!!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid732.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww321%2Fleechman1%2FIce%2520Fishing%25202011%2FSpeckle%2520Hunt%2520-%2520Dec%252030%25202011%2FIceFishingDec302011.mp4">

Edited by Leechman

:clapping:

Thanks workwear!!!

WTG Jacquesclapping.gif

Thanks Paul!!!

Sweet report Bud!!

Thanks Dan!!!

excellent report from la belle province!

Thanks Dr!!!

A great way to start your ice fishing season!

What recipe are they going to meet?

You bet B) They going to meet the iron pan in some butter with a side dish of rice and vegetable salad :)

beautiful looking fish,wish we had a few of those close by to catch!

They sure are kingofthesteelhead!!! One of the bucks had a hugue kype and dark colors, belly was bright orange B)

nice going my friend!

Thanks Geoff!!!

Awesome report. I am glad I got to read a good report to take my mind of this heart crap.

Thanks Chris!!! Told you not to worry about the report ;):) Get well first, that's what's important!

looks fun! i need to get on some ice!

It sure was l2p B)

Tres bien, Jacques!! My stomach just growled thinking about fresh specks in the pan. Great first trip out my friend.

Merci Frankie!!! you bet :D

Now theres some tasty eating Leechman. I can see the frying pan now MMMMMMMMM :good:

Thanks Fish Farmer!!!

Sorry i was late to read this , but cawlin de bin Jacque looks like you had a good time A .

I sure did Skip!!!

Well done. You're inspiring me to do the same.

Thanks Mike!!! Go get'em :)

Nice Jacques.. Love the report. How deep are those fish?

Thanks my friend!!! Yesterday they're up tight to shore in 8' to 10' fow... depending where you target on the lake, they can be found in 5' to 6' too :)

Edited by Leechman

jacques you make me so jealous with your zone regulations!!!!! i wish they would open the put and take lakes here like out your way,,, maybe oneday??? keep them reports coming :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by carll2