Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

any one see nick (NAW) on the news last night!!!! hes famous!!!

BBBBBAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA...

How'd you know it was me!?

http://www.ctvbarrie.ca/category/news/

Story starts around 4:20..Jan 15 Webcast. It's about the Volunteer Search and Rescue team I'm on. Good group of people. Most people Ontario don't even know we exist.

Edited by N.A.W

That's fantastic Nick. :clapping: The world can use a few more like you guys. Keep up the good work, but I hope I never need your help out there :whistling:

My son and I are thinking of coming up to join you guys for the GTG. I hope we can make it so I can thank you in person!

Tony

Spent 4 hours in the hut today but left before the evening bite. Managed 2 walleye, 3 pike, and 2 perch. I lost 3 fish and by the fight I am guessing one was a monster walleye that hit a 3" sucker minnow. I also lost what I'm guessing is a heavy pike as I hit the ice at the bottom of the hole and knocked it free.

Good to see the pike and perch cooperating during the day with the odd walleye mixed in. Biggest pike I got today was 28" and the little walleye I kept was about 12.5". Also kept one 10" perch.

When we get our holes drilled and it looks like swiss cheese we should have a productive day. I talked to a bait shop today about getting a pound and a half or 2 pounds of shiners. They will let me know later this week.

My son and I are thinking of coming up to join you guys for the GTG. I hope we can make it so I can thank you in person!

Tony

No need to thank me. Just finding another way to enjoy the outdoors, and helping out the comunity.

i remember you from last year, we talked im the fire fighter

That's what I thought. You going this year?

Spent 4 hours in the hut today but left before the evening bite. Managed 2 walleye, 3 pike, and 2 perch.

Thanks for the update Blair. I have some suckers that are dead and salted. Should I bring those up?

No need to thank me. Just finding another way to enjoy the outdoors, and helping out the comunity.

Just saw the video Nick and that's some great stuff you guys do.

Goodonya for giving up your spare time to help others.

Sounds very interesting indeed. And I am mulling it over in the ol' thinking compartment. Is there any nearby cheap motels to crash the night in? Or am I to curl up in a fetal position and hope the night passes by quickly?

Nipfisher posted this a few pages back:

Here is some Hotel/Motel info. for those staying over night and needing accomodations.

The closest hotel is Terrace Suites but that is alot of cash. Next closest is Pinewood Park (Clarion Resort) but it is expensive too.

The closest cheaper hotel is the "Adult Entertainment" Moe-ze-on Inn (705) 494-4915.

My suggestion is one of these three places.

Arizona Motel 705-472-0800

1078 Lakeshore Drive North Bay, ON http://www.arizonamotelnorthbay.com/

The Lincoln Motel 705-472-3231

594 Lakeshore Drive North Bay, ON. http://www.lincolnmotel.net/

Glen Garry Motel 705-472-1085

785 Lakeshore Dr, North Bay ON,

All are less than 10 minutes from where we will be fishing and are affordable and comfortable.

I can arrange to get minnows if that makes it easier.

More info to follow.

Sounds very interesting indeed. And I am mulling it over in the ol' thinking compartment. Is there any nearby cheap motels to crash the night in? Or am I to curl up in a fetal position and hope the night passes by quickly?

Post # 63 on Page 4 of this thread written by yours truely contains all the motel / hotel info.

You may benefit from reading the entire thread (or at least my posts lol) for other necessary info.

Would love to have you join us Locnar.

I do apologize for my hastiness in that post. I got a little ahead of myself haha. "Woah fishing get together?!? AWESOME!" and before I knew it I wrote that without reading.

Thanks alot though, if all goes well I will be there. Hopefully nothing pops up, I would like to try my hand at some North Bay fishing.

I do apologize for my hastiness in that post. I got a little ahead of myself haha. "Woah fishing get together?!? AWESOME!" and before I knew it I wrote that without reading.

Thanks alot though, if all goes well I will be there. Hopefully nothing pops up, I would like to try my hand at some North Bay fishing.

The more the merrier.