Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

Sounds like a good time.How is the weather ,ice conditions.

Welcome to OFC Fishingfamer.

Blair has been give regular updates on the ice conditions. Just read a little further back in this thread.

I will provide the condiments, and a case of water.

Rod Caster will bring hot dog buns, and water.

Spud7378 is bringing weiners, and peperettes.

Motion is bringing hot dog buns and weiners.

NAW is bringing 8 burgers and buns.

Livinisfisn will bring cheese slices and some pop/juice.

Duckdog is bringing the portable bar-b-que (tank is at the hut but no hose). He will also have his ATV with him for rides in / out.

Lota Lota will bring another pack of burgers and buns.

Edited by Nipfisher

bin awhile since I used the portable bbq, I think it takes 1lb tanks but I have the adpater so where set, so long we dont get 40kms winds lol, I will try to grab some pop, as I dont drink

I see 25km winds on the weathernet work? High of -2 WOO HOO! Hey Nip, how deep is the water at your hut? Have the perch been cooperating lately? Looking forward to Saturday. I see there is lots of food & drinks being brought. I'd like to donate as well. What do U need?

I just posted about making a decision on purchasing an ice finder. Is anybody attending the GTG that has a humminbird Ice 55 or Showdown. Would love it if someone would show me how to operate it. I hate reading manuals! Also, I will probably purchase it Thurs or Fri after work. Therefore I won't have extra time to learn to operate it. 3 more sleeps WOO HOO Thanx

I see 25km winds on the weathernet work? High of -2 WOO HOO! Hey Nip, how deep is the water at your hut? Have the perch been cooperating lately? Looking forward to Saturday. I see there is lots of food & drinks being brought. I'd like to donate as well. What do U need?

Just bring a couple bags of chips or snacks.

Hut is over 13 feet of water. We will fish an area from 11 - 16 fow. Perch have been active using smaller presentations and small minnows. Hopefully the fish cooperate and keep us busy. Pike have been plentiful around my hut this year. We have caught at least 1 walleye almost every time we have been there. Most guys doing well are 25-30 feet of water for walleye but would have been too far to have people walk out for the gtg.

I just posted about making a decision on purchasing an ice finder. Is anybody attending the GTG that has a humminbird Ice 55 or Showdown. Would love it if someone would show me how to operate it. I hate reading manuals! Also, I will probably purchase it Thurs or Fri after work. Therefore I won't have extra time to learn to operate it. 3 more sleeps WOO HOO Thanx

I use a Lowrance HDS-5 with the PPP-1 accessory (portable power pack) for ice fishing and also use it on my boat all year. They are expensive units but can be used all year round. Also Terry will tell you they are AWESOME.

Thanks for the update... things might freeze up nicely over the next two days, but I don't think I'll be driving to your shack this year. Heel-toe express for me thumbsup_anim.gif

My Dad and I just returned from a 4wheeler trip towards deeper water. We may have broken through the top crust a couple times; overall the ice is suitable for a 4wheeler, not a snowmobile or truck. We caught one keeper walleye and missed two. 42fow. We just randomly picked a spot since we didn't bring the GPS.

edited to add : top crust

Edited by Rod Caster

mmmmmm.. Pretzels.....

I just spend 2 hours in the garage getting my gear packed for this weekend.

Anyone else PUMPED for the NIP G2G!

I have to thank Blair, and all the other North Bay'rs (Chad, Randy, Kevin, Joey...) for the hospitality!

This is officially an annual thing for me.

Looks like I'm likely gonna be joining you guys for this. 25km/h winds, I may need to drag the shack along. One question though Nipfisher, Is there any place to park other than the few spots near the Chief? I've only parked over there once before and didn't notice any other areas to park.