Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

With the ice finally forming on Lake Nipissing it is time to start organizing the 2nd annual OFC Lake Nipissing GTG. Last year we had about 15 members attend. :clapping:

I am suggesting that we hold it the last weekend in January with the Saturday being the 28th. We will once again use my hut as the home base and fish around it.

I am willing to do all the organizing along with some assistance from my trusty sidekick Rod Caster.

We will arrange for the bar-b-que (Randy from Sturgeon?) and fire up some hot dogs, and hamburgs. I will try to assist anyone with finding sleeping accomodations at local hotels if needed.

I am trying to initiate the process for this year so comments regarding date or your ability to attend are welcome. If you are a North Bayite and want to assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the confirmed list thus far........

Nipfisher

Rod Caster

Joeytier

NAW

Livinisfishn

Spud7378

Lota Lota

BassAsin

DuckDog

Mike01

Wormdunker

Locnar

Motion

Here is the 11 pages from last year. It was a great time. Nipissing Hardwater gtg

Edited by Nipfisher

Hey Fisherman,

Blair is setting up his shack on Callander Bay, which is the north eastern bay on Nipissing, on the shore of the small town called Callander. There is easy access with a truck, trailer or snowmobile. I'm not sure exactly where his is placing his shack but once I do, I (or Blair) can send you a map or post it on this thread.

Hope to see you there!!

Edited by Rod Caster

Hey Fisherman,

Blair is setting up his shack on Callander Bay, which is the north eastern bay on Nipissing, on the shore of the small town called Callander. There is easy access with a truck, trailer or snowmobile. I'm not sure exactly where his is placing his shack but once I do, I (or Blair) can send you a map or post it on this thread.

Hope to see you there!!

Okay, thanks, at least I have a rough idea. We have been out to Glen Echo a couple times and few of the others a little west of there. I know where Wasi Falls is, ate frog legs once upon a time in a little restaurant in Callander. Thanks again.

Haha, irish, that's not what I meant!clapping.gif

Although the image of me creepily camping out on Nip for a month waiting for everyone to show up for the GTG is very entertaining!

N.A.W. Stayed in Blair's shack at last years G2G...if you reserve early this year there might be a spot open.

Hope to see you there!

N.A.W. Stayed in Blair's shack at last years G2G...if you reserve early this year there might be a spot open.

Hope to see you there!

That would be great! If it's not an option I can always bring my mighty tent. I've slept overnight in a tent ice-fishing before so it shouldn't be an issue.

That would be great! If it's not an option I can always bring my mighty tent. I've slept overnight in a tent ice-fishing before so it shouldn't be an issue.

That's the spirit! I won't be joining you, but I'd give you a hell of a high-five if you followed through with it.

I already called shot gun on one of the bunks!!

If I don't have SAR training, I'll be there with bells on (literally).

Hey Fisherman.. If your drivin by Orr lake, maybe you wanna car-pool?

O.k. folks,

Here it is. I'm going to have my hut in a similar spot as it was last year only a little shallower so we should have more perch action. Nick (NAW) is going to spend the night there and if another member want's to join him P.M. him to make arrangements. I can stay in it any time, so I'll give it up to members this year. It is warm and comfy for 2 people. No cost. I'll get shiners for us all when I know how many are coming. Should be no problems driving right to the hut. I'll get in touch with the locals to arrange food. Probably start at 10 am and hang around until it gets dark. You are welcome to arrive and leave as you wish. If you can stop in for a 1/2 hour (T.J., Bernie) that would be great.

Any ideas or questions post them here or P.M. me.

Thanks for the accomodations Blair!

Last summer, Livinisfishin expressed some interest in spending the night in the hut this year. So I gave him first dibs at it. He's in! If something happans, and one of us can't make it, then Lota Lota's runner up.

Look forward to seeing everyone again. I call the hole next to Randy :canadian:

Edited by N.A.W

Thanks for the accomodations Blair!

Last summer, Livinisfishin expressed some interest in spending the night in the hut this year. So I gave him first dibs at it. He's in! If something happans, and one of us can't make it, then Lota Lota's runner up.

Look forward to seeing everyone again. I call the hole next to Randy :canadian:

As long as it's not Randy's hole that you're calling alls good.