Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

I wish I could.... my wife doesn't know his and my kids don't know theirs... we are of different cultures (I'm French Scot Canadian and he's Pakistani Croatian) , he's in the Navy and spends 200+ days on the water but has never been on the ice and swears that he never will...

I really don't like unexpected expected company....

I was really looking forward to tomorrow.

Randy

:canadian:

I drove right to the hut this morning. I drove onto the ice and parked close to the dock.

CIMG2468.jpg

I walked to the hut with my gear then walked back to the truck drilling holes ever 200-400 feet. Here are some pictures to show ice quality and depth. I found varying ticknesses between 12.5" and 16.5". I then drove the truck to the hut then back off with out issue. Slush is all hardened and should make for better fishing.

Video

CIMG2493.jpg

CIMG2482.jpg

CIMG2471.jpg

CIMG2475.jpg

The drive

Edited by Nipfisher

OK so you're all C&R guys and you use barbless hooks but you need a gaff??? :D Have the greatest time. Sounds like you'll all have a blast. All of us shut-ins will really appreciate a report...please please take tons of pics and write a few reports. That'd be great!

OK so you're all C&R guys and you use barbless hooks but you need a gaff??? :D Have the greatest time. Sounds like you'll all have a blast. All of us shut-ins will really appreciate a report...please please take tons of pics and write a few reports. That'd be great!

C&R??

The gaff is for the GIANT ling that I'm going to catch! :Gonefishing:

Lobster for dinner on Nippissing tomorrow night!

Hey guys we are here also in our hut.

SLOW tonight. Any tips? What are you guys using? We got the usual glow in the dark, minnows, jigs, rapala jigging raps, etc.

Need to get the skunk out.

I also drove out in my van and unloaded. thick ice everywhere, but chickened out and then parked back at the lot off Birchgrove

SLOW tonight. Any tips? What are you guys using? We got the usual glow in the dark, minnows, jigs, rapala jigging raps, etc.

I also drove out in my van and unloaded. thick ice everywhere, but chickened out and then parked back at the lot off Birchgrove

South Shore eh? My guess is you are not deep enough. Make sure you are 25-40 fow and you'll find everything.

If you feel like taking a mid-afternoon drive come see us.