Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

I'm going to bring my cousin as well, we'll be both sleeping in my tent. N.A.W, if someone else was interested in staying in the hut you can give them first dibs in case someone cancels.

I'm glad there will be a few others out there for the night.

What kind of tent are you using? I've always wanted to try tenting it on the ice. I'm looking forward to seeing your set up.

Edited by N.A.W

It's just a regular tent but it is a little lower and has a full canopy that goes all the way to the ground. A full top+low is really the most important thing, beyond that, a warm sleeping bag. My uncle actually owns a tent that is even better accustomed to winter camping, it's so low it would be difficult to even sit up properly for a big guy. We'll decide later with my cousin which one to use.

The most important thing is the mats you use -- I have special thick ones. Mat thickness isn't really something you want to mess around with as if it's too thin you can actually freeze some of your vitals. Even with the thick mats I've seen that the snow under the tent melt a bit from where I was sleeping.

Anyway, I'd be glad to show you my set-up when I'm there.

Here is some Hotel/Motel info. for those staying over night and needing accomodations.

The closest hotel is Terrace Suites but that is alot of cash. Next closest is Pinewood Park (Clarion Resort) but it is expensive too.

The closest cheaper hotel is the "Adult Entertainment" Moe-ze-on Inn (705) 494-4915.

My suggestion is one of these three places.

Arizona Motel 705-472-0800

1078 Lakeshore Drive North Bay, ON http://www.arizonamotelnorthbay.com/

The Lincoln Motel 705-472-3231

594 Lakeshore Drive North Bay, ON. http://www.lincolnmotel.net/

Glen Garry Motel 705-472-1085

785 Lakeshore Dr, North Bay ON,

All are less than 10 minutes from where we will be fishing and are affordable and comfortable.

I can arrange to get minnows if that makes it easier.

More info to follow.

Here is what the launch looks like at the end of Lansdowne Street in Callander. My hut is less then 5 minutes walk from the dock. Parking on the right towards the Cheif Commanda.

Okay... it might get a little exciting if I line up and try to land on that street!! :sarcasm: