Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

Hey Nipfisher, What shape is the lake in? really slushy?

Around my hut is really good actually. There are some deep pockets of slush around Sunbeam Bungalows and the launch areas (from traffic).

Yesterday was the best I have seen it. Today's plus temps and rain may make it a little slushy.

Last 2 days we have walked out the launch and accross the front of the dock / island where it is packed from sleds and 4-wheelers. Makes for a minute or 2 longer walk but lots easier.

Alright. Lets keep this on the 1st page. It is less then a week away!

Here is the confirmed list thus far........

Nipfisher

Rod Caster

Joeytier

Randy From Sturgeon

NAW

Livinisfishn

Spud7378

Lota Lota

BassAsin

DuckDog

Mike01

Wormdunker

Locnar

Motion

If you are not on this list and coming for sure please let me know.

If you are still "trying" to come....keep trying.

We need to figure out food. Doesn't look like we will be able to drive on the lake so a bar-b-que is out of the question. Anyone have a habatchi or portable bar-b-que?

Hey Blair, we are confirmed for the GTG! Please add my son (and fellow OFNer) fishman2202 to your list. He may be young, but he'll most likely kick some butt if he gets on to fish.

Let me know what we can bring for the GTG. (PM sent) Looking forward to seeing all the gang on Saturday.

Cheers!

Alright. Lets keep this on the 1st page. It is less then a week away!

Here is the confirmed list thus far........

Nipfisher

Rod Caster

Joeytier

Randy From Sturgeon

NAW

Livinisfishn

Spud7378

Lota Lota

BassAsin

DuckDog

Mike01

Wormdunker

Locnar

Motion

fishman2202

East Luther

If you are not on this list and coming for sure please let me know.

If you are still "trying" to come....keep trying.

I know spud has his dad and some buddies coming. I have invited a few guys too. Looks like we will have about 20 anglers with at least 15 members.

Let's get the food figured out. Burgers and hot dogs are easiest. I'll provide all the condiments, and a case of water. We need people to commit to bring chips, buns, weiners, and burgers.

Ideas?????

Edited by Nipfisher

Woo hoo! 4 more days.

I'll be at the landing at 8am to meet the early-birds, black mazda truck with an OFC sticker on it. Blair will arrive some time around 9.

My son (fishman2202) and I will be at the landing on Saturday morning to meet up with you at 8:00 AM. We will be in the black Ranger looking lost.........

Cant wait to see all of you Saturday!

Wel after the + temps. and rain here is what Callander Bay looked like today. It was slushy today but according to the forecast it will tighten up for the gtg. I think we will need ice cleats.

CIMG2463.jpg

CIMG2462.jpg

You can see my white hut (brown door) in front of the island.

CIMG2460.jpg

CIMG2451.jpg

Edited by Nipfisher

Doesn't look too bad! With the -15 tonight and the low of -9 on Wednesday, it should tighten up a bit!

Will be up with the wife Thursday at 12:00 and the rest of the gang (2 other couples) show up Thursday evening, and fish until Monday morning! Can't wait!!!!

Cheers,

EL

CIMG2458.jpg

It was a bit soft today but it will be better for Sat. Might be slippery though.