Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

Yup. From what I saw yesterday, the slush layer hasn't completely frozen yet. If it were -20 tonight, we'd be ok.

I found a brand new mepps deep diver for the derby box! A twoonie gets you in the derby and if you can add a new or gently used lure or anything small and fishing related, then you get a big ol' handshake along with derby rights. smile.gif

I'm going to pack to walk out, but hopefully it will be driveable by Saturday morning. I have a lot of stuff but since there is no snow on the ice judging by the pictures, dragging it shouldn't be too hard.

I plan on dragging a load out in the morning with fishing gear. The a second load in the afternoon with sleeping / Dinner stuff. If you need a hand dragging stuff, just grab me, I'll give you a hand.

I plan on dragging a load out in the morning with fishing gear. The a second load in the afternoon with sleeping / Dinner stuff. If you need a hand dragging stuff, just grab me, I'll give you a hand.

Thanks, I should be OK but if anything I will let you know. I do have my little cousin to drag stuff out for me just in case though :D

I will drive out towards the hut tomorrow and post a report. There is varying ice but from where I have drilled it is all 11" -15" of good ice. The probalem has been the slush. One option for us could be parking on the ice at the bottom of the launch. There are some deep ruts but all trucks would make it down.

I will drill several holes tomorrow and take pictures.

It will be 100% drive at your own risk....I will provide the info and if you are comfortable then you choose to drive.

Blair, I picked up a bag of big hot dogs and 24 large hot dog buns from Costco for Saturday's lunch. I'll give you a call when we arrive in North Bay tomorrow afternoon. Hope you can get away for a bit to get in some late afternoon fishing.

Got a couple of new lures for the derby and some "famous" small screwdrivers from Mercman (Paul) that I was asked to bring as well.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Tony

Looks like I'm likely gonna be joining you guys for this. 25km/h winds, I may need to drag the shack along. One question though Nipfisher, Is there any place to park other than the few spots near the Chief? I've only parked over there once before and didn't notice any other areas to park.

Forecast is now adjusted to 10 km/h winds from the South. GTG forecast

Just got a text from an old friend from Halifax who is moving to Victoria ( navy ) he was supposed to spend the night here tomorrow and leave Sunday.... He's leaving Ottawa with his family at around noon today... And will be here early this evening...... So unfortunately the only fishing I will get done will be from my couch on WFN... Have fun out there gang!!!

Randy

:(