Fishing Magazines

Golfisher

After seeing me read my only fishing book for upteenth times before drifting into sleep, my wife told me that perhaps I should subscribe to a few fishing magazines to keep up with the times and actually find some new stuff to read. The book, after all, was published 15 years ago, and I've read it so many times that I can probably quote some passages verbatim. And therein lies, said my wife, the reason why I'm such a lousy fisherman--I had been studying a newbie book religiously for the past 15 years. I think she had a point.

So, I figured I should inquire the good fellas of this fine establishment to see which fishing magzines they subscribe to. I'm a firm believer in the monkey-see-monkey-do approach, as the monkey does reasonably well by aping others. :w00t:

Cheers,

The only one I get is Ontario Out of Doors....came with my OFAH membership. I'm more of a "pick and choose" kind of reader. I'm interested in local species, locations and tips. If I see one that fits that description, I'll buy it. I dont really care about the fishing in Cuba, or other exotic locations. If I ever plan a trip there, then I'll get one, but until then...

I subscribe to In-Fisherman magazine. I know it's American based but the fish don't know if they're American or Canadian.

I think they represent the cutting edge.

I've gotta get my act together though and subscribe to the OFAH and get Ontario Out of Doors. The work that the OFAH does in representing Fisherman and Hunters politically is worth supporting them alone.

Hookset.

Used to get them ALL for FREE at an Advertising Agency I was with for many years, see if you placed ads in them they send stacks of them.

Now at this agency we don't place ads so the pickings are slim and none <_< <_< but at home it's Real Fishing

A

i guess it depends on what you usually target ... i used to get both OutdoorCanada and OOD ... personally i prefer OOD more because its focus is in Ontario

it just sucks to read about all the amazing fishing somewhere else in Canada where you most likely wouldn't be able to get to lol

Ontario Out of Doors is good, as is Outdoor Canada. In Fisherman is indeed a good one too, strictly fishing, multi species, so if you arent a hunter, you dont sacrifice content. I also get Esox Angler, but to be honest havent gleaned much from it yet, perhaps because I am the supreme angler and already know everything ........JK :whistling: I am a pike guy, and have never fished for musky (yet) or read about them, so I guess thats not a fair perspective..

Edited by Dano

Guest lundboy

I've been subscribed to Bass Masters and Bass and Walleye Boats (BWB) for years. Previously subbed to In-Fisherman, but lost interest in it about 3 years after Al Lindner left. Once in a while I will pick one up off the shelf though same with OOD and Outdoor Canada.

Maybe with my Extreme Angler Winnings, I might have a new magazine to subscribe to! I have never seen one before.

through OFAH memeber ship I get OOD

also to support my little cousins school fundraiser, ive given North American Fishing Club a shot... wont be renewing - I will be soon subscribing to Great Lakes Angler Magazine instead

i'll buy other interesting issues of Esox ANgeler, Outdoor Canada, ect... too time to time

I recently was given a coupla dozen 88-93 issues of Ontario Fisherman & OOD - pretty neat to read them old gems