Introducing

motv8tr

Hey all, as some of you know I said goodbye to my boy Skylar a month ago, I figured it would be a while before the dog of my dreams became available...or I would have to go to the US to find him....well....long story short I was sent an e-mail 1 1/2 weeks ago from Canadian Mastiff Rescue directing me to their new facebook page. The next day a picture of my dream dog was posted...he needed a new home.....today I took a road trip to Sudbury and brought this 11 month old puppy, who weighs in at 133lbs. Sasha did much better than I thought she would, but she is not amused and will take a few days to adjust and accept him. He thinks the cats are fun to chase, but that was stopped before he got started....he's never seen one before and they won't let him get very close :P

Here he is,,,not sure what I will name him, it's a toss up between Calvin and Brody...his name was Rudy

Rudy.jpg

Maureen

Soon as I saw the title of your post Mo, I knew what it was gonna be about. Looks like you got yourself a great pup there for sure.

Diane says to go with Brody and I think I'll agree.

Congrats on the new pooch !!

Cripes !!!...Looks like he could eat more than Uncle Dave...Big Cliff...and me put together...

I hope he doesn't grow this big...

Glad for you that you got the dog of your dreams...Maybe get him a saddle or a cart for Christmas...

Be careful he doesn't have a cat for a snack...rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Congrats Maureen! He is lucky to have found a great family! I also like Rudy too. Is it that maybe you would prefer not to refer him to his previous owners so want a new name? If so, I agree with everyone else, Brody suits him more the Calvin.

Enjoy him! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the comments guys, he is a really good dog, and the woman who had him before me did and excellent job training him. As he is still a puppy, he is excitable, especially where the cats are concerned....I think my biggest challenge is going to be getting him to not chase the cats. My girl Sasha (dog) seems to be ok with him...or at least a lot better than I expected. I'll be taking him for more training in the new year. I'm told he will top out at around 200lbs :)

Maureen