Dads car... this is a must see

tb4me

I had a '65 Parisienne convertible that I sold in '73 & I would sure love to get back, infact I've been kicking myself for decades for ever getting rid of it.

I know how old Dad in the video feels about getting rid of that beauty !!

Mine was identical to this one except I had white seats.

They sure don't make em like that anymore

20754930073_large.jpg

Edited by lew

Note to self...keep a box of tissues handy when checking into this forum!

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Rob sold his Baby (1971 RoadRunner) a few years back and regrets it now. He was tight on finances and it was too expensive to drive with the price of gas. Every spring though, he wishes he'd have just kept it and stored it for a while. My goal is to one day buy it back for him and put a big bow on it! Mostly, I miss doing burnouts on it myself! :whistling:

163756_1833654478980_1168975909_32197708_6000697_n.jpg

I found my Dad's first snowmobile a 1966 Bombardier this August, I talke dwith the son of the man that owned it for about 40 years and he told me that his Dad had restored it 12 years ago. And he had sold it 3 years ago to a childhood friend.

I got into contact with that friend and after a few converstions he decided that he would sell it to me. He had told me that one his buddy that owns the Antique Snowmobile Museum in Cochrane, Ontario wanted to do something with it. But my friend told that he is very Computer illetarate. Another one of my friends from the same town told me that he had seen him drive that snowmobile almost every weekend at the lake and that the sled was in very good shape. And becasue of this I never asked the owner to send me some pictures.

So about 3 weeks ago I drove 800 km to go pick up my new(to me)snowmobile. Got there and started shooting the S**T with my buddy. He started showing me around his place and every time we entered one of his garages I would look around to see if I could finally spot my Dad's sled. Finally I spot a nice old sled and I start walking towards it, he shows it to me and all I could think is that " this isn't my dad's sled " But then he tells me that this is his 1968 Bombardier and that hes has been driving it every weekend at the lake for about 3-4 years(see story above)

Then he says "let's go see your sled" So we get behind one of his garages and all of a sudden he stops and grabs the end of a tarp. He starts pulling it up and I almost puked because of the sad shape that the sled was in. I quickly figured out that the previous owners son's idea of a restored sled was quite a bit different from my idea of a restored one.

I am not too mechanically inclined(I am more electronically inclined but not much of that on this sled) plus I do not have any of metal working machines ( welders, ect..) And i do not even have a garage at the moment. This job was way over my head but reluctantly I put it in the back of my pickup telling myself that I will figure something out. That night after really thinking about it I called the guy back and see if he wanted back and he said yes. So I actually owned the same sled as my Dad for about 12 hours.

Moral of this long story is

"Be careful of what you want, cause it might break your heart"

Im still looking for RS23UOG217181 a 1970 Deep Burnt Orange Mettalic Plymouth GTX factory 440 super commando factory 4-speed 833A transmission Hurst pistol grip shifter and factory air-grabber hood, with a trac-pack Dana 60 with 354 gears, sold it to buy a boat, boats paid now i want him back his name is Snortin Norton, there might still be a piece of hard sponge on the lower part of the dash, by the shifter, cause you used to ram your knuckles every time you jammed her into3rd gear, sold in 1993 to a lad in Oshawa, i tried to do a VIN locate, but a police told me that he could loose his job for doing that, privacy laws

Also lookin for another ex

she had a pretty good rear-end in her day

had some milage on her when i had her, but theirs probably a hell of a lot more milage on her now

man did she used to purr, but towards the end she started to growl

she had a decent set of head lights as well, but one day she went to the body shop and they can back much larger and prettier then before she she went in to the shop

If you see her say hi, she told me its either the fishin, or its me, i said good-by

Ahhhh yes ... my ol '69 Z28 ... quart of oil on every fillup and traction bars so low you had to hand wash her ... but then ... thats part of the nostalgia...I guess there's something about your 'first' that just doesn't ever leave ya....

Guest chase4chrome

Note to self...keep a box of tissues handy when checking into this forum!

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Rob sold his Baby (1971 RoadRunner) a few years back and regrets it now. He was tight on finances and it was too expensive to drive with the price of gas. Every spring though, he wishes he'd have just kept it and stored it for a while. My goal is to one day buy it back for him and put a big bow on it! Mostly, I miss doing burnouts on it myself! :whistling:

163756_1833654478980_1168975909_32197708_6000697_n.jpg

Bob, Bob, Bob--gotta hurt brother!!