Grand River Waleye with the MNR

Fishmaster

Me & Fisher hooked up with the MNR and the Dunnville Hunter's & Angler's today to help tag and micro chip & move some Walleye

on the Lower Grand today ...it was a very successful day today we boated over 100 Walleye's ..all though the big female where not close to being ready today so they were all released to find better spawning grounds .

the MNR will be working all week in Dunnville be nice to see some Volunteers out to help get our goal of a 1000 fish ..if someone wants to volunteer at my store to work the week ill be glad to be out on the water landing walleye and helping our walleye fishery ..

Thanks for joining me today Fisher your help was great ...and a big thanks to River Side Marina for letting us you there docks and propriety ...Fishmaster

P1010288.jpg

P1010287.jpg

P1010286.jpg

P1010285.jpg

P1010284.jpg

P1010283.jpg

P1010282.jpg

P1010281.jpg

P1010280.jpg

Good job Steve. There sure are some monsters there, i'll be down to find them on the big lake this summer. How's the fish ladder working? Is it working at all of are the fish having a hard time finding it at the old damn. Too bad they couldn't get one at the main river and bridge, you'd probably see more fish making it to the upper on there own.

Thanks for the pics.

Good job Steve. Nice looking eyes. How are they being netted? Have never seen the ministry do this before. If a chipped fish is caught how can you tell if it has been?

We use a shocking boat fish get stunned rise to the top them we net them with landing nets .....put them in a tank and there back to life ...as for the Microchip its placed under there pecks very tinny device put in with a small needle ...these are placed in fish so that the MNR can wave a wond over Gill Netters fish toats and no forsure if there is tagged and microchiped fish in the toats ..if people still eat pecks on walleye you may find something crunchie ...

Some great work you are doing there! Glad to hear that the MNR and good people like yourselves are working to improve the fishery. Bly and I want to catch more big Walleye this year, and this helps ensure a healthier population! Dont worry...we release all Walleye we catch....LOL.

Nothing wrong with eating the odd fish ..but i would like to see alote more people on the grand release some fish instead of taken limits every trip day after day ..i had a guy come in the store about a month ago saying i hope the MNR stocks more fish in the river ...i said why so you can fill your freezer for the winter ...he told me he took over 80 walleye in one season .. :angry:

Taking over 80 walleye in a season is fine as long as they aren't all from the same spot/area. At 4 fish/day, that's 20 days on the water taking his limit, so only 20 meals. If he's taken a couple of hundred walleye out of the same spot then he's looking to deplete the stocks pretty damned quick.

Taking over 80 walleye in a season is fine as long as they aren't all from the same spot/area. At 4 fish/day, that's 20 days on the water taking his limit, so only 20 meals. If he's taken a couple of hundred walleye out of the same spot then he's looking to deplete the stocks pretty damned quick.

Well i don't think he would be whineing about not enough fish in his spot if it wasn't hurting that area ..80 in one locations is not very smart thinking ..he even carped he had to go buy walleye last summer .. :whistling: and if you have 2 people in your house one with a Conservation Lic and one with a Full lic that 6 fish aloud in the freezer ...and im sure he had much more then that in there at one point of time .. :wallbash: