That's My Boy!

solopaddler

thanks for posting Solo, another kid who will have a very fulfilling life ahead of him with a dad like you.

I still remember when my daughter caught her first trout at Glenn Haffy, many years later she discovered shoes and boys and advertising, and now a proud mother of a fine young man that hopefully I can take back and he will get his first one. when I do it I'll bring my camera and try to find the spot where her picture was taken.

thats just dang awesome congrats on getting him hooked early it sure is nice when they take after the old man and it reminds me of being a youngster fishing Dennie dam with dad I think I was 7-8 the first trip I had to stay on shore and dad would fish from the center of the river I would almost hit guys every once in a while dad would remind me to take shorter casts them days last for ever.

Solo the bonds you make now will last a life time .The boy looks like he has learned alot all ready, soon he will be outfishing you , Bill you better find a new partner as me Thinks Solo has one for life . Like father like son , no longer Solo , now its me and mine , WE WENT OUT TO THE RIVER ETC. ETC.

Thanks guys. I know every dad can relate to my pride.

That is awesome. I just can't imagine how amazing he'll be since you know he will outfish you in no time =D

Just this morning he told me flat out, "Daddy I know everything about fishing already!!", "You don't have to teach me anything!!"

This after I told him he had to grow a bit and learn how to handle a fly rod before I let him use the spey rod.

Oh brother. :lol: