Best fishing season ever

coreyhkh

I think I am done fishing for the year I had a goal this year of 1000 fish that was kinda my mission all year, last year when I made that goal it seemed pretty far fetched but fishing helped me get my life back together. It started last year when my Mom passed away suddenly. After that I was very depressed . But then I started fishing I have always enjoyed it but never fished for much more then sunfish and rock bass. Last year I found that when I was fishing it put my mind at ease. I ended up spending a lot of time traveling around London to the rivers and ponds in search of fish with some luck but also became very very frustrated at not being able to catch fish often and I ended up setting a goal of catching 1000 fish of any type the only rule I had was they had to be of eating size to make it more of a challenge. I spent most of the winter reading every fishing forum and websites. Before this year I didn't believe in artificial baits mostly because the people around me growing up didn't really use it but this year I became a true believer Only using worms for those pesky Muskoka Walleye and Channel cats where cut sucker was the bait of choice.

Anyway I kept good notes on almost every fish it was pretty simple thanks to the iphone.

Carp – 48 Red Horse Sucker – 12 Silver Red Horse – 3 White Sucker – 58 Northern Pike – 57 Hognose Sucker – 18 Large Mouth Bass – 177 Small Mouth bass – 182 Channel Cat – 39 Bullhead – 37 Bluegill – 163 Pumpkinseed –18 Black Crappie – 70 Rock Bass – 76 Yellow Perch – 16 Goby – 1 Rainbow Trout - 3 White Bass –5 Walleye – 21 Chub – 8 Salmon – 4

A few items really worked well this year

The Winner for my favorite product by a long long shot is the X-rap they not only catch fish but I find them fun to use. I mostly used the Smaller model with the Hot Steel, white and Olive green being my Favorite one of those always worked no matter the day or weather, The next is Suffix 832 I put this one 3 rods at the starts of the year and never looked back, last year I spent a lot of money on fire lines and found them to be good but not as good as 832 though I did use 4 pound fireline crystal on my ultra light all year and got around 200 fish on it, it worked good but twisted up a lot. The Last Product I really liked was the Pfueger Supreme XT I got two of these when Bass Pro had there spring sale I had one fail though half way though the year the bail just broke off randomly but I took it back to Basspro and got a new one and have had no other issues.

Anyway here are some pics.

IMG_0491.jpg?psid=1IMG_0500.jpg?psid=1IMG_0573.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720IMG_0623.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720IMG_0594.jpg?psid=1IMG_0601.jpg?psid=1

PBbestpike.jpg?psid=1

Edited by coreyhkh

Congrats, that's a big variety of different species, takes a lot of skill. Sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad last month and fishing DOES help relieve a ton of stress and helps the grieving process somehow. It's important to have some goals and positive things to focus on/look forward to.

I tried all summer long to catch my first musky with no luck and after my dad passed away I finally caught it my next time out. It may sound silly that catching a fish can mean something, but it was a huge relief to me, like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. It was the first time I was excited about anything since he passed and kind of proved to myself that I could still feel happy, even if it was just a small thing like catching a fish.

As I read your post I found my self thinking wow... 1000 fish, all sorts of weather, all that time researching, reading, wondering through tackle shops, researching rods, reels, tackle, lines... no time at all to think... Why the heck didn't I think of that instead of letting dust collect on my rods for so long when I found myself in the same place as you.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mom!

Thank you for the lesson I learned from you tonight, and for sharing a journey that was not only an accomplishment of a goal but a beautiful committment to yourself.

oh yeah, Awesome fishing !!