True OFNrs

Big Cliff

There is a big difference between being a member of this board and being a true OFNr. Anyone can be a member, you just have to register, True OFNrs go out of their way help each other.

Case in point: last week I posted a rant about how friustrated I was about getting service on our fridge/freezer from a magor service company. Shortly after that I had a PM from Mercman who is in the appliance parts business. By Friday of last week I had all the parts in hand to do the repairs needed at far less than it would have cost me otherwise.

That my friends is what OFC truly is about! :thumbsup_anim:

Paul you surly are a true OFNr. Thank you so much, I only hope I can return the favour some day!

I think I'll vote OFC next election; the only people that seem to truly think about helping others!

Thank you Paul!

I've received lots of help from this board! To call out a few, here are some examples...

Big Cliff changed an impeller on an older lower unit for me.

Fishndevil came to my house to show me how to maintain my engine...from where to lube to changing my lower unit oil.

I posted a thread asking about drift socks and Lew got one out he didn't use and simply gave it to me.

BiteMe PMd me after I posted asking about fishfinders and he said "Come to my place and you can have my old one".

Sinker came down to my place to help out with the engine as well.

Fishnsled on many occasions...from coming with me to check out a trailer, to giving me parts and installing seats in my boat.

Gerritt for meeting me in Hamilton to check out a boat.

Roy for donating a trolling motor.

Basskicker gave me a canoe when I was boatless.

GBW for giving me a fish tank free of charge

Advice from people on the board for everything from home repairs to installations.

This doesn't include the members who have taken me fishing...from Solopaddler taking me on a Northern Ont adventure and State-side Steelheading, to days on the water from Fishnsled, GBW family cottage etc etc etc.

I know I have forgotten some people here and I apologize in advance...suffice it to say, this is a true community, and I try to give back as much as I can as well.

Edited by ccmt

There is a big difference between being a member of this board and being a true OFNr. Anyone can be a member, you just have to register, True OFNrs go out of their way help each other.

Case in point: last week I posted a rant about how friustrated I was about getting service on our fridge/freezer from a magor service company. Shortly after that I had a PM from Mercman who is in the appliance parts business. By Friday of last week I had all the parts in hand to do the repairs needed at far less than it would have cost me otherwise.

That my friends is what OFC truly is about! thumbsup_anim.gif

Paul you surly are a true OFNr. Thank you so much, I only hope I can return the favour some day!

I think I'll vote OFC next election; the only people that seem to truly think about helping others!

Thank you Paul!

I can say one thing for sure Cliff, you are so very close to home to a true ofner. That I can say without hesitation. Shes a very helpful and resourceful ladygood.gif

As for Paul, hes one decent,generous and helpful individual as well.thumbsup_anim.gif

I can go on and on with a list of members that I call friends. They know who they are indeed and this goes out to them as wellworthy.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

No need for details

Today working on a trailer at home, I had a wonderful unexpected visitor from the boardgood.gif

We are all thinking about you buddygood.gif

Edited by vinnimon

I to have been very fortunate to have been helped out by other members here and also given help when needed its amazing how many times I have been talking to other members (who I would never have met but have become life long friends if it was not for this board) and here there stories that people have done for others but you never here it on here. There are so many helpful people here that dont want to have it known unless its in a conversation its a great feeling to have them as friends.

I must say thanks to the many who have been supporting my business which I would have never taken to this level if it were not for a couple members here who kept asking me if I were thinking of selling to stores I took the plunge and have been over whelmed with the OFC support from members buying them to the stores stocking them in there places.

I also want to thank the ones who put together the events and fund raisers I know there are so many people who have been touched by this family it sure makes it easier to go to bed and sleep at night knowing that there is a great family here to turn to or help out another when needed.

sorry got off track I think as for this Paul guy he is a stand up guy for sure he was one of the first to take a order and sent a nice package down I have heard a lot that he has done here that is all positive and not posted here. Kudos Paul and all the family members here.

Thanks Cliff,and everyone else, it was my pleasure to help you out. I have seen this happen all the time in here, and it never ceases to amaze me.Its everyone in here doing good deeds and being benevolent that inspired me to do likewise. All i'm doing is trying to follow in the footsteps of those who went before me. You all have taught me the importance of friendship, and i hope i am able to live up to the fine example all of you have shown me.

BTW Cliff...if your new product passes all the tests, i am always looking for a way to remove odors from appliances that have been stored incorrectly for long periods of time.So keep me posted on the results.

Tite lines and good living everyone

Paul

wow...i should move south! :whistling:

And me north....only actually met a couple OFC members (Cliff and Sinker) and the pleasure was truly mine...but my buddy Merc had a welcoming package sent special delivery waiting for me when Cindy and I arrived at the "Cliff Manson"...Paul, I still haven't tapped that Canadian Maple Syrup but that BBQ sauce went in a blink of an eye.....waiting to use the Maple Syrup on a nice bowl of vanilla ice cream...maybe on my birthday.... :thumbsup_anim:

Someday soon, I hope to be a host to some OFNrs....Cliff said he may be heading south this winter, so here's hoping.

Bob

Lots of great people here willing to lend a hand. Had some problems with my washer a few months ago, Paul made a couple of suggestions to try first and then offered advise on parts if need. Followed his suggestions and haven't had a problem since. Saved me a few bucks on a repair call and possibly parts I didn't need. One of the many good ones here. :good:

Sooo True!! I remember last year when somebody had posted about a Rapala lure they were looking for, the lure I had just seen in the bargain bin at Epps...I think 3 different people from that area went and bought all they could of them for the member,,,This place is straight up class!!!!!