Other fishing sites

fliptheslop

I am wondering if I am able to to post about other sites to see if what iam seeing is in fact true or if I am just being sensitive? It will only be the truth as to how I feel some are treated and how some get away with almost anything. thought I would ask first, because as we all know someetimes the truth hurts, and I like the fact that this site has alot of folks on it that speak what they feel not just what is the right thing to say

Personally, I'd rather not see anything said here about any other fishing sites... in general, it creates nothing but headaches for me and the other mod/partners... whenever there is bad press about other sites on here, I get the standard, "I will sue your ass for everything you have!" emails, which I can certainly live without. So please... don't...

OK thanks T.J. just thought id ask first, only because I like this site and the way it lets folks have there say, unfortunatly not all sites are created equal

No problemo... we get accused alot of not letting people have thier say... its a very big balancing act, trying to maintain civility on a board... not playing favoutrites... playing favourites... its hard to manage sometimes. I'm sure other boards have thier problems as well.

If ya wanna whine about someone or something, pm me, im always interested in whats going on out there.... lol

Personally, I'd rather not see anything said here about any other fishing sites... in general, it creates nothing but headaches for me and the other mod/partners... whenever there is bad press about other sites on here, I get the standard, "I will sue your ass for everything you have!" emails, which I can certainly live without. So please... don't...

You got them too eh. :whistling::whistling:

Yep aint worth the Bull. Lesson learned.

I personally like the sites where you get banned for not contributing after say ohhhhh 2 months :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but get nagging emails to visit the forum funny wnough the same one you get banned on for not contributing LOL some good ones some real bad ones.........this one is certainly in the great ones catagory

Edited by aniceguy

what about telling people about a new fishing site, and no not that one.

Generally, linking to a competitors site is considered impolite. But if it is about Florida fishing or something that is not covered ehre, then it isn't usually a problem. We keep this site alive financially by selling ads and by having members click Google ads they like. So to drive viewers away to other sites is not want we want to try and do and it is not fair to advertisers.

There are 3 sites (1 American and 2 Canadian) that I check a few times a day. The way I found this site was a posting on the American site that referenced this site by saying "check out this site, those guys are almost as fanatical about fishing as us".

Since I started logging on to this site, I have found it is so easy to post and add pictures when I want to and the amount of input from the members is just unbelievable. This is by far the BEST site and I really enjoy the comments and the apparent comoraderie (hope that's spelled right) that goes with the site and members here.

It is for that exact reason why I asked the question first before I went off on a rant, I like the fact that this site for the most part stays away from the crap and bashing of other peoples choices, and we all come together for fishing no matter what kind of fishing that my be

P.S. but sometimes when you have had it up to here its just nice to let the crap fly even if it doesnt hit its intended target

Edited by fliptheslop

i personally prefer this site over the others, me being from Niagara would figure someone would help out another niagarian.. on the "other site" i was rather insulted by a few people and now i rarely post there..... here i have had 0 issues and think you are all great help and advice givers..... for that i thank you kindly..... Bud

I honestly didn't even think about hitting another site... I think I just got my fill from this one.. I get to bark at people about Global warming without too much flak lol and I get to learn and give advice on fishing( even if either isn't good lol) But no real need to talk about other sites really it only matters what goes on in here. So far this site is the only fishing community I would like to be part of. The only bad thing about this site is a couple weeks ago my addiction to it was too much lol. But everyone here is good people with an intrest to help one an other out. So to all tight lines good fishing!!

This is the first and best site I've ever posted on, since my first post on here I've found other great sites but they are specific species sites. There are usually not to many questions that can't get answered here on OFC, in fact I don't think I've asked one question that hasn't got a good answer with great advice, so I have no problem helping others when I can.

:thumbsup_anim:

I am amember at a few other sites as well but they are for different reasons and i never have had a problem,this site is by far the best there is but ,as long as you dont abuse things and slander other boards or the other members,because alot of people will lie on one site and say something different on another ,thats where problems arise,or they come to a site as a new member and try to get info for one trip or for a few tips before they go fishing ,or try to start a nasty thread and cause trouble...well since i have been here there is so many great people thats why its such a great site ...cause the moderators...which by the way are amazing they dont put up with that crap...and we have whole families on this borad as well...so its just fine the way it is, and i thank everyone for keeping it that way...cheers everyone :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I have been here for 6 years + and enjoy the people and the way it is run. I am glad that the moderators step in and pull or lock posts that are not going in a positive direction. I do not mind debate that is fine but when the facts stop and the slinging starts then it is time to ax it before we get a mini meltdown. I have seen people leave for both reasons either not enough liberty to talk and not enough protection from Bull. Since the site is darned if it does or darned if it does not then it is better to error in the way of least legal damage. Thanks to the mods and partners for taking the time to keep this site up and running. Since the ads that are run and the google bar is not plastered all over the page I don't think that this site is in danger of turning from a labor of love into a impersonal money making machine.

Art