Bush's Best

nofish4me

Bush Beans are by FAR the best out there.... just hard to find here in Canada... but I grab em all the time from the US... well worth the price for the quality of the gases produced. and besides!... they are awesome!....

Although I do have to say I had some amazing beans at a G2G on Quinte..... I think Doug made them?... I haven't had a bean since that could touch the beans I had that night. Someone tell me who made them.... the last time we were all together at Merland, so I can pester them for the recipe.... tell me, who made those INCREDIBLE BEANS???

anyways for commercially produced beans.... Bush beans.... hand down.

G

I'm still waiting to try Bush's beans...maybe ValueMart will have them if Loblaw's is carrying them...going to be a hard sell to get me to switch from Clark's beans...

Always considered Clark's the Cadillac of beans...thumbsup_anim.gif

I'm still waiting to try Bush's beans...maybe ValueMart will have them if Loblaw's is carrying them.

thumbsup_anim.gif

If you can't find them in P'Boro Norm, head over to Foodland in Lakefield, that's where we buy them.

Then stop in here for a coffee on your way home.

• 2 weeks later...

OK the painter has tried these beans aaand

You guys were right---they are very good beans---bought mine at Wally World :thumbsup_anim:

Although they are great on thier own,right out of the can from the fridge :whistling:My fav.

Try mixing them with some browned beef and tomatoes an onions. Put that over some boiled taters. :thumbsup_anim:

As far as I'm concerned you cant beat home made baked beans. I was lucky enough to be able to watch my Grandmother make them time and time again.. She had a bean dinner every Saturday, and everybody was invited..No need to ask or call to see if she was doing them, just simply show up and they were on the table by 5 every Saturday. Here is her recipe.

Get a bag of white navy beans and soak them overnight. Drain water and bring beans to boil in fresh water for 3 hrs. or until they are soft (able to mush them on a spoon). Drain again put into a roasting pan or crock add 1 cup of brown sugar 1 cup of molasses, tbsp. salt some pepper. Add 1 cup of water (onion and bacon optional) and a short squirt of Heinz ketchup. Stir them all up and bake at 350 for 3 to 4 hrs. Keep a close eye on them as you may have to add some water from time to time. Boil some hotdogs slice them up and serve with the beans if you so choose! A nice side of mustard pickles and canned beats go along wonderfully..Serve tea and banana or molasses bread for desert...God I miss her..

Hope you all try this and get back to me..you will thank me I'm sure!