No muskies...

lew

My daughter and I headed over to Pigeon for a few hours today looking for a musky or 2 but never found any this time around. We hit up all our usual spots and found nothing so we ran down into Upper Buck for an hour but still came up empty. We always have alot of fun together on the water and that's what it's all about. If we get skunked we just say we were out for a boat ride.

Like I always say , you don't need to catch a fish to have a great day of fishing. :thumbsup_anim:

Water temps were in the mid 60's and the weeds are still plentiful, green and healthy.

Hi-lite of our day was having a few deer wander down to the waters edge for a drink close to where we were casting and I was able to get a couple pics.

Two of them still had their spots so I'm guessing they were just out for a stroll with Mom.

002.jpg

003.jpg

We went bait fishing today and just jigged on the top end of Big Island. Tomorrow is musky day. As much as I wanted to wash a few lures, I succumbed to peer pressure and jigged for walleye, caught a few but jeez are they ever small.one of our guys tied into a high 40's class fish while pulling a worm harness, the fish broke off boatside. He was devastated, he's a big musky guy from Pittsburgh and didn't want the fish to get away with a mouth full of hooks.

Lew, I think I saw you cruising the back end of Big Island in the early afternoon. You were going pretty good. Trolling motor is mounted and works like a charm. Thanks Dax! Defnitely prefer the powerdrive over the all terrain.

Sounds like someone tipped the muskies that you would be in the area Lew and they shut down, still a great day with family makes up for it and creates memories. That's not like you wearing that white stripe down your back, I don't think you know what a skunk is at all.Lol Just means another day to go and get em.

Regards,

Sam

its that "hit and miss" time of year...

last saturday my brother and dad boated 2 skis in 20-30 minutes....

this saturday... dad got skunked...

the weather and sunlight and time of day effects the fish so much more in the fall...

i have a love/hate relationship with this season...lol

im sure youll get your fair share in the weeks to come...

im gunna button down and try to put some lunge in the boat in the next month or so... even got some small musky trips planned as well... cant wait...

Nice deer shots Lew.

I was on Upper Buckhorn Sat and Sun this past weekend.

4 musky caught and had one turn the boat 45 degrees after I set the hook on it before slicing my 80lb braid, it was a giant.

All fish were caught on main lake weedlines with a vertical presentation. And not on purpose! :)

Edited by Harrison

And not on purpose! :)

Maybe I should take up bass fishing Phil :lol:

We were only on Upper Buck for an hour or two, from around 1:30 on.

Lotsa bass boats running around so I figured there might be a tourney goin on, were you in one of them ??