Today is my day in court.

Ron

I don't know if this has been suggested already but how about we have a OFC meet and greet at the cobourg harbour salmon should be staging soon :Gonefishing:

Good job Ron give em heck at the council meeting.

I think this is a GREAT idea!

Congrats Ron for taking a stand!

I look forward to seeing the write up in Cobourg's news paper. Right now, I am on my way out the door to wet a line in the Cobourg Harbour!

How did it go this time...and do we know where exactly we would be "safe" to fish down there?

Dumb ticket anyway!

We pointed out this fact to the Justice of the Peace. It took three municipal police and three By-law commissionairs almost four hours to issue one ticket that had two mistakes. In defence of the police, it's not their issue and they did not want to be involved.

Hopefully the Town council sees the light and withdraws these by-laws.

Thanks for the support everyone. I look forward to seeing many of you at the Town council meeting in Sept. I will be sure to give ample notice once the date is secured.

As for fishing, the salmon season is soon to be upon us, there is not much for salmon in the Cobourg harbour. However the carp population is very high.

Cheers, Ron...

But Derrick Humber, area enforcement manager of the Ministry of Natural Resources, said Reyns may have got off lucky.

"Nothing in the Ontario Fishing Regulations would prohibit someone fishing there," he said, "but if the Town passes a bylaw, then they can't fish there."

So as long as you stand on the main pier(one you drive out on) you should be good....all other areas are already cover by town bylaws?

• 1 month later...