Saw this on Lake Dalrymple this weekend!

Was doing a little fishing along Avery Point yesterday and came upon this property,

dalrympledope2.jpg

There is an extensive dock maybe 100 or so feet out into the lake some area`s are roped off and there is an official MNR sign that says no fishing spawning area!!! :rofl2:

This guy has a fishing net and a rod in a rod holder ready to go I guess he is allowed to fish in the

"spawning area"!

I was wondering if the MNR would be interested in knowing that people are borrowing their signs and using them?

The guy saw me taking pictures and came out of his cottage and he did look angry,I just left wasn`t really interest in getting into an argument! That`s a first for me I think!!! :lol:

Dalrympledope.jpg

100 ft out is excessive.. plus the sign.. i would be fishing just to piss him off.. what's he going to do? Best fish will be under that big dock! I wonder if you ran into that thing at night if he would get charged?

Sounds like theft to me.

On a related note, and this ties into a whole bunch of conversation threads that I've read here before, I came across this from the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act:

Section 38. The ownership of the bed of a river, lake or navigable body of water does not give the owner the exclusive right to fish in the water that flows over the bed unless that right is granted by the Crown.

Take that for what you will.

i would give mnr and local by law office a call to see if his dock and sign is legal. He doesn't own the water. <_<

i had a smart ass neighbour park his big ass pickup truck on a shared laneway.... got to the point that it got really difficult to park the car so i call the proper authorities and it was two tickets before he got the message. Now He Just Park His Small Crap Box AND Messed Up The Front Siding Of His Garage.

would have snuck in at night and loosen up his rope :P

I really don`t care about this guys dock there have been numerous threads over the years on property owners rights and for the most part the degrade into a locked thread.

My only real interest here is the sign, I doubt very much if this sign was placed there by the ministry. Just curious where this guy got the sign and just as curious if the ministry would like too know that a property owner is using their signs.

I think I`ll send it to the MNR.

I would think roping off part of the lake would need a permit to be legal...think I will rope off cooks bay......if it's not illegal

and to post a sign would be 100% illegal if the MNR didn't post it

hey lets all go there this saturday and park our boats all around that area and flip his docks..which is not illegal

I think roping off the swimming area your family uses is really not a bad idea....keeps things nice and simple.

I think his sign is fake....not stolen from the MNR....certainly not posted by the MNR.

No question I'd be casting to that big dock with the waterslide though....gotta be some fish under there.

Roping off an area to provide a safe swimming area for people is no crime.

In my own opinion, roping off an area dedicated for swimming and having fun,disturbing spawning beds, esp in a spawning area is wrong. Would that be considered as an infraction, in the mnr's eyes? Im sure most of us wouldnt consider doing that, while crossing creeks, rivers etc.

I did ask a close family members husband if there was any public access to the lake(they have a cottage there). The answer was a strict absolutely NOT! Now I do see the attitude that is there.

I think roping off the swimming area your family uses is really not a bad idea....keeps things nice and simple.

I think his sign is fake....not stolen from the MNR....certainly not posted by the MNR.

No question I'd be casting to that big dock with the waterslide though....gotta be some fish under there.

That sign has the Trillum and the Ontario provincial stamp on it. It's definitely not fake. He probably stole it, lol!!

In my own opinion, roping off an area dedicated for swimming and having fun,disturbing spawning beds, esp in a spawning area is wrong. Would that be considered as an infraction, in the mnr's eyes? Im sure most of us wouldnt consider doing that, while crossing creeks, rivers etc.

I did ask a close family members husband if there was any public access to the lake(they have a cottage there). The answer was a strict absolutely NOT! Now I do see the attitude that is there.

That his a horrible attitude to have, but one that I guess is far too prevalent on some bodies of water. I hope you know that there is a public launch on the lake, according to the interweb