28" WALLEYE....nice!

limeyangler

Hi All,

went to our local provincial Park the other day. This is a deep lake that holds Lakers too, i usually catch at least 4 or 5 lakers when jigging in the boat in summer, but the trout have been few and far between this year.

However, i have been catching walleye like never before....and like most walleye from deep trout lakes....they are big! I had caught some really nice walleye in a spot there 2 weeks before and decided to give it another shot....see if it was just chance or i'd stumbled onto something.

After 2 hours of seeing walleye on the bottom not responding to anything i put in front of them i wandered off in search a trout.... LOL....and caught a walleye in 56' FOW!

I headed back to the original spot and not long after the bite turned on. I think i got around 6 or 7 walleye none under 22" with a real pig and this year's PB for me at 28".

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pb1wnA-jNac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4006.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

He has to stop this immediately Frank or I'll be buying a place at the other end of the lake!

Tell me about it!! He's giving me walleye fever...my eyes are starting to gloss over, skin is turning a strange golden colour, and I'm having this urge to feed at night....

He has to stop this immediately Frank or I'll be buying a place at the other end of the lake!

Maybe a bunch of us can buy a place (or more) together and turn it into an OFC timeshare / resort for GTGs?. Then every time Simon goes out to fish he'll have a convoy of boats behind himwhistling.gif

As always Simon - nice Fish - need that jeaous Icon with druel down its chin. Frankie65 is taking this real hard - gold is his fave

Edited by spincast

That is a super nice chunky big walleye musta been around 8+lbs.

You live in a great area for fishing.

Nicely done! What is the name of that jig? Looks like some kind of jigging rap?

That jig is called a Jigging Shad Rap. Thus the chunkier profile.

Here is a link to them.

http://www.rapala.com/products/lures/jigging_rap/

Fantastic! Good on ya Simon!

thanks Roy

Well done, Simon

Thanks Bruce.

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Randy.

On a Rap jig.. hummm ! :sarcasm:

Yup...i was on Red Bull.

Sweet catch!!!

On a jigging rap in the summer?

Never heard of anybody using those on soft water...

I was using it to straight jig lakers, i also use them in the fall on lac seul on calm days when fishing for walleye...very effective sometimes....white 4" tube jigs work good too.....i decided to try them all last year...why not when straight jigging...no different than fishing through the ice.....right?

MONSTER WALLEYE!!!! Congrats on the PB for the year!!

Thanks Cliff.

[

quote name='mercman' date='16 August 2011 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1313547848' post='612836']

Nice Eye Simon. Congrats on the PB

Paul

Thanks Paul....i see you got a nice one yourself the other day.

Whoop whoop :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Nice Simon,

Cheers,

Simon

Thanks Simon.

Okay, that's it...any distribution centres up there looking for supervisors????? Local Tim Hortons hiring????

Congrats again Simon!! Enjoy your slice of heaven up in God's Country!!

Timmies is always hiring...they just cant get the staff these days....lol

By the way wayne...that camp looks good...wanna be a camp fly in operator?

Tell me about it!! He's giving me walleye fever...my eyes are starting to gloss over, skin is turning a strange golden colour, and I'm having this urge to feed at night....

Thanks not walleye fever...its jaundice.

Wow, impressive Simon :clapping:

Thanks Joey

Nicely done! What is the name of that jig? Looks like some kind of jigging rap?

Maybe a bunch of us can buy a place (or more) together and turn it into an OFC timeshare / resort for GTGs?. Then every time Simon goes out to fish he'll have a convoy of boats behind himwhistling.gif

As always Simon - nice Fish - need that jeaous Icon with druel down its chin. Frankie65 is taking this real hard - gold is his fave

Nice fish Simon! A 28 is a great walleye.

I LIKE that idea, LOL!! :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Nice chunky 'eyes there. Congrats.

Yeah..they were all thick set fish...put a nice bend in the rod for sure.

nice walleye Simon !

Thanks JDS!

Nicely done Simon! What a great walleye :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks man!