A not so epic report...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

A few status update requests for a report so I figured I'd share what I had. As some of you may recall I previously enjoyed making 5-10 minute videos for each of my adventures but I just haven't had the time!

The last year has been crazy for me to say the least.

After being laid off from my job working in Sea Lamprey Control, I decided that I wanted to get into something that had more opportunity. Getting laid off every year was getting old, and traveling all summer long wasn't easy on the family. I decided I would apply for funding to go back to school!

This past year I took a welding course at a local private college, which I graduated from in June. Since then I've been trying to find a job and haven't dedicated the amount of time I typically do to fishing. I'm sure all you fellas (and ladies) with kids etc. know about this all too well.

When I have gotten out this summer, it was often close to home, most often on the St. Mary's River system. The fishing has been decent, but I typically didn't take the number of photos and videos I used to.

Right at the top of my fishing neglect list is bass fishing. Typically I have spent up to 20 days on the water fishing for bass in july and august, this year it's been 2.

Last night, my father-in-law and took to the back country to catch some smallies. For 45 minutes we searched for fish and only caught a few small bass. At around 7pm last night we started to get into fish and before I knew it we couldn't do wrong. In very short order we managed to get about 40 bass between the 2 of us. I would wager that half of these fish were caught fishing underneath the boat (there was dozens of bass all around us). It was by far the craziest frenzy of action I have ever seen. Fish were herding minnows in the shallows, jumping all around, and hitting everything from small jigs to topwater. It was totally awesome and something I really needed.

I only took a few pics but it was just too fun to worry about. Here are the two nicest fish for each of us. Cheers.

009-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Good for you on the outing. Good luck with your career, I hope something really good pops up for you. Those really good fishing days mean so much more when you do not get out as much. I had a 15 salmon night a couple of weeks back and it was extra sweet because I do not go out nearly as often anymore due to long hours and a little boy. Glad you got into a bunch. Cheers.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Looks good doc.

Glad to see you washin out those old Budweiser cans to drink water in the boat---atta way to think conservation :whistling:

The nerve of some anglers. It would seem that some irresponsible idiots left 2 cold beer sitting on a rock at the far end of the lake. My father in law and I saw fit to empty them on the shore and transport the 2 empties back to town for a 20 cent deposit. A guys gotta put gas in the snowmobile somehow!