Banjo Minnow

I have a friend, who is an excellent fisherman, and swears by the Banjo Minnow for pike and small mouth.

Not that i ever bought one, but i should.

Have a friend as well that catches lots of pike and smallies on them.

You need to use their hooks and little setup and the minnow darts around nicely or sinks like a senko if left alone.

The naysayers have obviously not used them. Blk/slv colour is best.

I have had a blast with them on bass down here. I bought them for up North but what I found was the pike would grab the body of the lure and since the hook is out in front of the bait it was lots of bites few hook ups. I guess with a stinger hook it would catch them but I was on vacation and that would be like work.

Art

My friend told me that he doesn't think colour is very important because they all seem to work.

He like the big ones and has been trying light wire leaders because of bite offs.

He uses them on spinning tackle and basically fishes them with a dead drop, then short hops, like a T-rigged Senko.

There is a Banjo Minnow web site with "how to" videos.

When you look at the bait, and its action in the water, it's pretty obvious that it will catch fish. What's annoying about the thing is how it's marketed....it shouldn't matter, but for some reason, the banjo just strikes that certain cord....or twang...whistling.gif

I used them when i was a kid, easy to learn to use and was a great intro for using other baits like it. I fould that because the hook is at the far front it is hard to hook up sometime. Pike just inhale the things tho! If you have never used them, then the only way to know is to TRY THEM!

I remember when i was a kid and saw the infomercial for them and I went RUNNING to my mom and begged for days for her credit card number. After 3 days of constant nagging I finally ordered my first infomercial product!

When i saw them at basspro, all my great memories came flooding back!